LED interior lights - any disadvantages?

I am thinking of replacing the bulbs in the overhead lamps and boot lamp with LEDs to shed a little more light on things; the standard units aren't the brightest, especially in the boot.. Are there any potential problems with doing this? Bulb failure warning lamp coming on, that sort of thing.

Both my triple interior lamp cluster and boot are illuminated with LEDs.

No problems to report. The interior lights have retained their "fade" feature

which looks quite smart. The lamp unit doesn't get warm anymore

like it did with normal bulbs in it. In the boot I have a LED strip that goes the full width of

the parcelshelf. It lights the boot up evenly and brightly.

No warning lamps whatsoever after changing to LEDs. I also have them above my

rear numberplate. I prefer the whiter colour of light that LEDs produce.

HTH

Garrry :thumbup:

Only real risk I have found is blinding your self at night when thy turn on lol I have just got some new number plate ones too which are 3 smd LEDs each vert very bright White!

Cheers Dave

No technical issues, no.. don't think so.

You'll loose that lovely warm glow though.. LED's on the out side of a car I'm coming round too.. But don't think I'll ever want them inside.. when I fitted my foot well lights I actively avoided LED's to retain that old skool luxo bardge glow... I just love the way they feel so warm and inviting on cold wet evenings... I can't be the only one who thinks like this? lol? Am I?

Edited by Rob.

I fitted a white fostoon and two red LED's inside. With my car been red it looks sexy lighting up the white seats a light red. The white fostoon is stupid brightthough, so ive turned it so its faci g the roof and only gives out a small amout of light.

Some people have commented saying its like mood lighting. I should taje a pic really lol.