Elegance 4x4 Turbo, G60+VR6 DOES WORK! woohoo

OK all thanks for previous advice on the other topic i posted, just making this as a confirmation and help for anyone searching for 4x4 as opposed to VRS.

I picked my car up earlier form the garage, and now has the G60 single mass flywheel with the Golf Mk3 VR6 LUK clutch kit.

And all works perfect :rofl:

Just as a note i have a 2001 '51' Octavia Elegance 4x4 Turbo hatchback, ofc estate will be the same.

Absolutely no noise from the SMF, no vibrations or anything. Clutch is smooth and lighter than the old DMF.

Very happy with the result, all in cost me £244 for the parts and £253 for the labour to fit it, which included a bottle of VW branded transmission fluid when they topped it up after.

The chaps at the garage said the old DMF was actually not all that bad, and that i could have gotten away with just replacing the clutch, but ofc it would likely have knackered the new clutch pretty quickly.

So.....thanks for the help and advice all and would definitley reccomend this conversion when it comes to clutch replacement time :yes:

PS: thanks to the chaps at Multi Service Centre in Andover who carried out the work for me.