darkening rear light cluster ?

Monty

Aha Smoked Tails.... Have You Looked At This Post...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/t17390-new-interior-and-colour-coding.html

And Read This Which Was Posted...

I had a friend of mine smoke my back lights,all he did was mix up some laquer and added a small amount of black paint to it and then sprayed on a few coats until i was happy with the darkness of them,i think they look good and they still have a shiny finish,there is a picture of the rear of it in my gallery if you want to see how they look.

In This...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13213&page=2&pp=15

(And There Is A Picture In The Gallery, I Looked :))

1072g-med.JPG

I Have body coloured mine. The car is red so all i did was get the tinting laquer in red and apply a few coats. I think i have went a bit heavy for most people though as my indicators at the back now flash red! Reverse light is ok as are all the other lights. Looks quite good though, fully debadged, which ment filler and respray to hide the two holes when you take the skoda bage of, no wiper either, so back of car is completly clean. Just needs a spoiler now. Will take a picture tonight and post it tomorrow.

Halfords stock tinting spray which is designed for the job and you can go quite dark without affecting the light output. Did the Scooby to remove the orangeness and blend it in with the red a bit. Haven't done the Fabia as I quite like the rear clusters as they are :D

Chris

2666.attach

my punto had no wiper, youd be surprised just hwo much you dont need one, you get used to it, after a while... i drove around for a month before removing it to see if it was accptable i foudn it was no diffrent, jsut lose detail like reading number plates but you still know theres a car there and how far they are away...

i love those black lexus lights.... clearly the way forward for 2005 !!

Joel

When I bought my First Skoda, an Octy TDi (90), this did not have a rear wiper, the press comments about the car complianed about it.

I did not find it a problem cos when on the move the aerodynamics blew the rain off the window, and it remained clear, also a coating of Rain X, on the rear window helped remove the water quicker.

BTW, Nice light cluster on the Furby.

Steve

Have e-mailed Milotec (but they are closed till 7th Jan) about Black Lexus rear lights for Fabia VRS and once I get reply will update folks with latest price including P&P. I also asked about discount for multiple buy, so watch this space for update.

• 3 weeks later...
I like the black style lights much better than the "other" style of lexus lights.. Did you have any problems ordering from Milotec, or did you get them from someone in the UK?

No problems with Milotec, excellent to deal with, just needed to send Euro Bank transfer based on current exchange rate + 20Euro P&P. Bank of Scotland charge a fixed fee

Looks great! :thumbup:

Who's is the sweet corsa in the driveway' date=' would love to see some pics of that also![/quote']

Thats the wifes wee car, ex-demo W-reg 1.2 16v with alloys, ac, cd etc. that the garage had added, she fell in love with it as soon as she saw it.

How much enlish money did they set you back then Monty, inc. delievery? Cheers

149Euro for Lights

20Euro for P&P (they use next day DHL)

20euro for International Bank Transfer

--------

189Euro / 1.43 exchange rate =