Is it possible to disable the blown bulb light for fitting LEDs?

robertvan1

You can use LED's in most of your rear lights (With exception to the Tail/Fog, So far never been able to find bulbs that fit) But you'll need to use resistors to increase the draw on each of the LED's, This'll stop the indicators flashing at double speed, And your brake lights throwing up dash warnings and other weirdnessemoticon-0105-wink.gif

Reverse lights are a straight fit!

You can use LED's in most of your rear lights (With exception to the Tail/Fog, So far never been able to find bulbs that fit) But you'll need to use resistors to increase the draw on each of the LED's, This'll stop the indicators flashing at double speed, And your brake lights throwing up dash warnings and other weirdnessemoticon-0105-wink.gif

Reverse lights are a straight fit!

RE: Indicator lights - Can you simply use higher resistance LEDs? I thought normal bulb they go +12v to -12v...? :S

iirc one would need a PWM module or Half wave rectifiers to turn the indicators to LEDs.. maybe this is only for older cars..

It's resistors that are needed to make the load the same as a standard bulb. LED bulbs can be bought with resistors designed not to trigger bulb warnings.

Is there not a method to disable the warnings via VAGCOM?

Yup! Dealer did it for me as I was having the warning lamp and buzzer even though all the bulbs were good!

Only down side is it's linked to the warning for low screenwash which, unfortunately, is disabled too!

How??? Anyone know?

Yup! Dealer did it for me as I was having the warning lamp and buzzer even though all the bulbs were good!

Only down side is it's linked to the warning for low screenwash which, unfortunately, is disabled too!

No idea mate, I was at the end of my tether with the buzzer going off every time I got in the car so I took it back to where I got it from and told them it was getting on my tits. The garage manager did say "one of the lads is a computer whizz so he fixed it" :nerd:

• 1 year later...
  • 9 years later...