mk1 vrs lowering kit

Clarkyzs

im sure its been brought up before but the search function brings up everything except what you want! so which spring lowering kit is best for looks/price on the mk1 vrs or is it best to get a full shocker and spring kit? i wont be doing any track days but may have the odd blast down the road so it is mainly looks i want. saving the pennies for RARB!

im sure its been brought up before but the search function brings up everything except what you want! so which spring lowering kit is best for looks/price on the mk1 vrs or is it best to get a full shocker and spring kit? i wont be doing any track days but may have the odd blast down the road so it is mainly looks i want. saving the pennies for RARB!

Ive got Jamex coilovers on mine and they are perfect despite what others on here say about Jamex.

• Sponsor

Depending on how low you want to go it may be best to get a matched springs and shocks kit.

The H&R 20mm springs that are specifically for the VRS are a very good option and seem to work well with the standard dampers.

If you wanted something a little lower, both the Weitec and KW kits are a very good choice.

http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/octavia-1u-96-06-springs-shocks-c-1929_1939_2162.html

Damian @ DPM Performance

Any idea how much these 20mm springs are, thats exactly what I'm looking at doing, put some Jamex 35mm springs on the wifes MK4 Golf Turbo and they are very firm but handles mint now.

Don't want to take mine too low due to living in speed hump valley and don't want to lose too much ride comfort, but its just too high as standard!!!!

Any idea how much these 20mm springs are, thats exactly what I'm looking at doing, put some Jamex 35mm springs on the wifes MK4 Golf Turbo and they are very firm but handles mint now.

Don't want to take mine too low due to living in speed hump valley and don't want to lose too much ride comfort, but its just too high as standard!!!!

The H&R springs are around £180

Not cheap for springs, but the best out there for the VRS

you should uprate springs and shocks at the same time, otherwise they wont match, they will fit, but you will not get the best out of either parts and it will put more stress on your shocks anyway.....im fussy though!