DAB Radio query

Salut

In response to a query from SWMBO'd has anyone fitted (or attempted) a DAB radio and aerial to their Roomy?

I have trolled the various web sites and there seems to be a large range of equipment available, also some conflicting advice.

Any shared wisdom would be useful.

Many thanks

I brought this subject up sometime ago concerning the MK1 Fabia VRS. (Search - "RADIO" )

Apparently the switchover is due sometime in 2015, but probably like the Television switchover, will be phased in, one location at a time.emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Edited by giandougl

Thanks for the replies. I had searched the forums before posting but used the search criteria 'DAB'.

Keith, with the Octy was it a straight replacement for the roof aerial? As you will be aware the Roomy has a short, screw fit roof mount. I have seen a the Pure Highway unit, however the assistant was too up to date as he had not heard of the Skoda Roomster!!

Thanks for the replies. I had searched the forums before posting but used the search criteria 'DAB'.

Keith, with the Octy was it a straight replacement for the roof aerial? As you will be aware the Roomy has a short, screw fit roof mount. I have seen a the Pure Highway unit, however the assistant was too up to date as he had not heard of the Skoda Roomster!!

I also have the Pure Highway in my Scout. I haven't fitted an external aerial, I use the stickon windscreen one provided. The reception is variable as the DAB coverage is not as extensive as implied by the powers that be. Most of the time it is OK in my home area (Sussex) but as reception is line of sight any obstruction, overhanging trees, large buildings or deep valleys cause loss of signal. I suspect that the external aerial would improve things but I cannot find out how long the cable is so that I can judge if it would fit my Scout with it's panoramic roof.

I would have to be convinced that the coverage will improve before considering a dedicated DAB car radio.

Fred

In response to a query from SWMBO'd has anyone fitted (or attempted) a DAB radio and aerial to their Roomy?

I have trolled the various web sites and there seems to be a large range of equipment available, also some conflicting advice.

Any shared wisdom would be useful.

Many thanks

Like you I have been toying with the idea of Dab in the Roomy, but after looking at the work involved decided to wait until more head units become available. At present I would suggest that you try a Ariel pre-amp with the existing ariel and a splitter so you can still use analogue.

http://www.dabonwheels.co.uk/DAB_car_aerials.html

Best of luck.

JD

Again, thanks for the replies.

The dabonwheels site is one that I had viewed; i will bookmark it for future reference.

For the moment I too will wait and see what comes out in the near future. In the meantime SWMBO'd will have to wait a little longer for her perfect sound...