funny smell

colinvdub

hello there

i have just bought a secondhand fabia comfort estate from a skoda dealer and ever since i have had it back there has been a funny smell it smells like the previous owner had a dog, i have spoke to the dealers and they said that they have valeted the interior but the smell is still there has anyone got any idea how i can get rid of the smell?

i have tried fer-breeze and it does smell abit betta for a while and then the smell come back again

any help will be much apreciated

It could be leaking door seals allowing water to creap into your car?

This is a common problem with the Fabia's....there will be links on this site giving you a step by step guide to removing and re-sealing your doors.

I owned a Fabia Vrs in 2004 and had the same damp/musty smell. (Almost smelt like cats wee)!! :giggle:

I have recently bought another Fabia Vrs and have noticed the same smell. After washing the car or after heavy rain, I have noticed damp carpets to the rear....causing the smell.

It's worth checking your carpets....it could be a similar problem.

Hope this helps.

Andrew

It could be leaking door seals allowing water to creap into your car?

This is a common problem with the Fabia's....there will be links on this site giving you a step by step guide to removing and re-sealing your doors.

I owned a Fabia Vrs in 2004 and had the same damp/musty smell. (Almost smelt like cats wee)!! :giggle:

I have recently bought another Fabia Vrs and have noticed the same smell. After washing the car or after heavy rain, I have noticed damp carpets to the rear....causing the smell.

It's worth checking your carpets....it could be a similar problem.

Hope this helps.

Andrew

my fabia has the same problem, i found out that indeed it was leaking door carriers, got a kit from my local skoda dealer and fixed them using the tutorial on this forum, but there is still a lingering smell, i think i need to get the carpets professionally cleaned.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...