People should learn to drive...

brett_j

The usual rant really, woke up this morning to a lovely dent in the passenger door :'( i was at a social club for a mates birthday so it must of been hen it happened but looks like someone reversed into me then drove off anyway. How do some people seriously pass they're test if they cant see other cars?

Thats really bad mate, I feel your pain... I now always take either 2 spaces in a car park, oorrr I try and park as far away from anyone as possible! seems to have worked and stayed dent free since I've owned my car, however someone did reverse straight into me when i was on the road.... stupid driver didn't see me!! well if he had actually looked before putting it into reverse! :dull:

hope the dent isn't too serious to fix!

Thats really bad mate, I feel your pain... I now always take either 2 spaces in a car park, oorrr I try and park as far away from anyone as possible! seems to have worked and stayed dent free since I've owned my car, however someone did reverse straight into me when i was on the road.... stupid driver didn't see me!! well if he had actually looked before putting it into reverse! :dull:

I had that happen before.. I was stationary, she reversed well over 5m without considering looking behind and rammed into my then car :|

I had that happen before.. I was stationary, she reversed well over 5m without considering looking behind and rammed into my then car :|

fracking idiotic drivers!!! :doh:

some people....yup!

Taxi driver reversed around a corner into my mums car.... wondered why his car had stopped so instead of looking in his mirror just booted it a bit more and shoved her backwards even more!!!!!! That I felt was quite something.

Hope you can get yours sorted quickly! If I cant get in a disabled spot then I would rather suffer the extra pain and park at the back of a carpark out the way of idiots

Edit : I should note I DO have a blue badge.... I am not inconsiderate and take up spaces without one....

Edited by missp

Edit : I should note I DO have a blue badge.... I am not inconsiderate and take up spaces without one....

Most disabled spaces are taken up by the BMW X6 types who think they're special (with no disabled badge or their nan's who isn't with them). Even worse the blue badge scheme does not apply on private land such as supermarkets, and private parking charges given to those parking without a blue badge in disabled supermarket spaces cannot be legally enforced (so can just be ignored and stuck in the bin along with the letters that threaten court). Even an NHS trust recently tried taking someone to court for parking in a disabled space at a hospital, and were unsuccessful.

I once saw someone at a petrol station reverse straight into a car directly behind them, smash. Those mirrors must be for putting lipstick on or shaving or something :rofl: I've only ever hit one thing reversing and it was one of those things they put around lamp posts in car parks, so was not visible. There happened to be no sign warning of its presence on the one I happened to be reversing towards.

Should really be a police issue as it's leaving the scene of an accident, sadly the Police will just give you a crime number as if it's a winning lottery ticket number (for insurance purposes) and won't take it any further. Reported crime goes down and the police hail it as a successful reduction in crime :wonder:

Edited by anewman

Feel your pain. I had some one pull out of a side road and hit me. I parked up to exchange details and the buggers drove off. Police couldnt do anything as i had no witness's or reg plate.

Im left with about £600 of damage :(

The problem today is not that they don't know they have done damage.

The problem is that insurance and excess is going up so rapidly that people will just drive off to avoid claiming to repair your car.

Same thing happened to my sister recently - a skip waggon almost ripped her front wing off in a car park - then he drove off.

Luckily the hospital where she works caught it all on CCTV.

Even with video evidence - she had to take the arse to court before he would admit to the offence !!!!!!!!!

He claimed that he was scared of loosing his job for having the accident and panicked so he drove off !!!

Ouch, that's not good. :( I can kind of understand how it may have happened, as the visibility on some modern cars isn't great, but that's why you take extra care when reversing..!

Same thing happened to my sister recently - a skip waggon almost ripped her front wing off in a car park - then he drove off. Luckily the hospital where she works caught it all on CCTV. Even with video evidence - she had to take the arse to court before he would admit to the offence !!!!!!!!! He claimed that he was scared of loosing his job for having the accident and panicked so he drove off !!!

Were they prosecuted for failing to stop?

Were they prosecuted for failing to stop?

Unfortunately Not - it was small claims court she had to use - the only way she could get the video evidence admited.

The police claimed it was on private ground and not a public highway so they wouldn't do anything.

Only after my sister got her excess back from him through small claims court would his companies insurance pay up for a non disclosed accident.

Admittedly it did have a bar so i assumed someone had a few too many lemonades, but nope no cctv on the outside...its annoying as i work for cctv too so would of been in there like a shot. but im sure that guy has his bad day soon, karma FTW :thumbup: