Coming/Leaving Home

alberg

Don't know why some of the posts in this thread have been edited. A bit weird...

No secret - just a case of telling convenience you have xenons installed, so it will use the fogs for coming home/leaving instead of dipped beam. I've not tested the coding yet though.

Steve

Sorry Steve, I got pi**** off at another tread but anyway.

Anyone who wants the HOW-TO-DO you can PM me.

Go to central electrics 09, the long coding and look for " Xenon xutter without highbeam" may not be exact words ( 908/912), tick the box, exit and do it!

Their also lots off things you can doo.

Corner lights with blinkers can be activated only on cars before the week 22 change, I think after June of 2010 cannot be done.

You can also turn the fog lights off when you put in reverse.

Teardrop function for the rear wiper

Needle staging

Turn off DRL on the side that you a have a blinker on ( left blinker on, left DRL off but right DRL stays on)

Emergency flashing with blinkers

You can turn off AUTO lights when you reach 140km/h, will not turn them on

After the week 22 built the seat belt sound is dif.( at least on mine) and is set to number 4 instead of number 2 and the sound is not annoying

I´am still, when I have the time, trying to figure out both rear fog lights and dipping mirror on cars that donnot have electric seats but do have electric folding mirrors.

Edited by alberg

I'm verry interested in last 2 options: both rear fog lights and dipping mirror, because i don't have memory seat.

codding of both rear fog light is hidden in bite 18 , or that said Dana@ross-tech.

Edited by al bundy

• 2 weeks later...

Pants. I was getting excited, but I guess my 11/2009 FL VRS can't be changed? I'd love that, but then I don't have the Xenons, or auto lights so I'm barking up the wrong tree anyway! I wondered what the comfort lighting was, as I've turned mine on and off in the MAXI DOT but nothing happened! :S

Well mine went in for a service today and asked if they could change the dipped to the front fogs but they said it wasn't possible. I did say a few people had succeeded on here but they said it wouldn't be possible. Oh well ill have to make do with the dipped lights.

Well mine went in for a service today and asked if they could change the dipped to the front fogs but they said it wasn't possible. I did say a few people had succeeded on here but they said it wouldn't be possible. Oh well ill have to make do with the dipped lights.

Try to get someone to help you with the VAG-COM.

I would change that for you, too bad you are far away :rofl:

Try to get someone to help you with the VAG-COM.

I would change that for you, too bad you are far away :rofl:

Thanks for the offer, shame you are too far away. I'll try and search for someone near me to see if they can help.

Had a look at this earlier this morning, as I had my laptop in the car - but no luck.

Alberg - can you indicate which byte this setting is stored in, with 09 Long Coding?

Thanks,

Steve

• 1 month later...

It can be activated using VCDS.

It needs to be set in the Long coding of controller 9 Central Electronics using the Coding Helper. Can't remember the byte #s and haven't got VCDS in front of me at the moment but if IIRC, you set the bit for CH / Leaving home vand then set the CH Mode to Manual in by ticking one of the other bits. You can set how long the lights stay on for in the adaptation section of VCDS, default is 30 seconds I think.

Its best to do the coding with the headlight switch in the on poistion.

Once activated, leave the headlights switch in the on position, and turn the ignition off. The headlights will go out. Flash the headlights using the indicator stalk as you would if you were flashing someone out on the road. It will look like nothing has happened and the lights will stay off.

Open the drivers door and hey presto the dipped lights come on and stay on for the pre set time.

It can be activated using VCDS.

It needs to be set in the Long coding of controller 9 Central Electronics using the Coding Helper. Can't remember the byte #s and haven't got VCDS in front of me at the moment but if IIRC, you set the bit for CH / Leaving home vand then set the CH Mode to Manual in by ticking one of the other bits. You can set how long the lights stay on for in the adaptation section of VCDS, default is 30 seconds I think.

Its best to do the coding with the headlight switch in the on poistion.

Once activated, leave the headlights switch in the on position, and turn the ignition off. The headlights will go out. Flash the headlights using the indicator stalk as you would if you were flashing someone out on the road. It will look like nothing has happened and the lights will stay off.

Open the drivers door and hey presto the dipped lights come on and stay on for the pre set time.

thanks for the info, what about leaving home lights?

thanks.,