Who has done a rear disc conversion on a felicia?

doing mine at the moment, rear stub axles and calipers from a mk3 golf bolt straight on without any trouble at all, using mk2 gti rear discs for the 4 stud fitment, you need to modify the routing of the hand brake cables slightly and add a spacer, plus you need to make up some custom rear brake pipes for the rear axle beam.. dead easy job

doing mine at the moment, rear stub axles and calipers from a mk3 golf bolt straight on without any trouble at all, using mk2 gti rear discs for the 4 stud fitment, you need to modify the routing of the hand brake cables slightly and add a spacer, plus you need to make up some custom rear brake pipes for the rear axle beam.. dead easy job

What size spacer would i need?

Plus i just thought if i do this i bet the rear discs will be bigger that my front ones haha u think they would be?

There isnt any golfs at my local scrappy so would probs need parts from off internet.

Will these discs be ok?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Golf-mk2-GTi-Corrado-Drilled-Grooved-Brake-Discs-REAR-/290311053996?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4397e322ac

Edited by nu99et18

i wouldn't bother wasting money on grooved or drilled discs tbh... fyi the picture of the disc in the ebay link is for a front disc.. the rear ones are a completely different setup with a bearing race in the centre on both sides...

i'm not 100% sure what size the spacer needs to be on a hatch/estate, but i've made up an ally spacer from 1" bar with a hole drilled through the centre big enough for the hand brake inner cable to pass through. they are 24mm long, on mine i've put them at the handbrake lever end rather than at the wheels but there is more than 1 way of doing it..

the mk2 golf gti rear discs are 232mm or 236mm or something like that

• 5 years later...

I have a 1999 GLXI 1.6 felicia, considering doing the conversion. One question though, what about the ABS sensors for the conversion, will the mk3 golf ones wire up to the existing leads on the felicia with modification?

Hi there I have just done this to a fun well it had been on my hatch before with no abs now have abs on the fun and rear disk conversion and your need to use mk3 golf abs sensors and will plug in to felica abs loom under seat well mine are above fuel tank as pickups never had abs in uk