Hmm thats not good....

DanBoy

At least you had the sense to check!

You wouldn't think that I bought the car from a car forecourt less than a month ago lol, and its meant to have been fully checked, serviced etc but since getting it I've had 4 garage trips already to sort out faults lol, just trying to get the car all sorted in standard form so I can start modding.

Also been getting the creeking noise etc so after reading its not the suspension I checked the radiator and the bottom of it has a huge amount of movement, so I'm guessing its new mounts time.

I have been stung by dodgey used and approved dealership cars...my last two (VW Touran and Octy)...makes you wonder why we don't just take a gamble with a private seller...if that's the case you are not the only one.

Well half the time I'd tell them the faults with the car then they seem to fix one then give me the car back, I've still got about 2 months warranty left but tbh I'm only gonna use that now if something really expensive goes, would rather get the car sorted properly my way that way I know its been done properly using decent quality bits, I really like the car so just want everything to be right with it.

I have been stung by dodgey used and approved dealership cars...

+1; and you pay extra for the 'privilege' ...

Bad luck DanBoy, hope you caught it time and avoided damage to pumps and seals etc.

On the bright side, if your steering rack is FUBAR, then replace it with a TT (quick rack) one :thumbup:

(as long as you don't have ESP, that is ...)

+1; and you pay extra for the 'privilege' ...

Bad luck DanBoy, hope you caught it time and avoided damage to pumps and seals etc.

On the bright side, if your steering rack is FUBAR, then replace it with a TT (quick rack) one :thumbup:

(as long as you don't have ESP, that is ...)

Well I've bought the car as a long term project anyway so it'll be sorted, gonna be buying up bits for the K04 upgrade in the next month or so.

I don't think its got ESP, I don't have a switch saying so lol so I might look into the TT rack :)

Persist with the criminals as that is what you paid them the premium for...with my wifes VW all the notes for the servicing was in the same handwriting!!! A local VAG 'Tuner' reassured me that they this VW Dealership were okay and most likely the same member of staff writes up all the service books. Yeah right found the original service book in a hidden storage space under the passenger seat recently!!! It is really frustrating though you do not know who to trust.

Dealerships that do not have a clue or do not care...'VAG Tuners' that take advantage of good write ups (on forum like this) and reputations not doing the work you paid nor...or in my case a family friend who does just 'bread and butter' mechanics and would give you a weird look if you asked him to fit a quickshift!

Edited by Aaquil

You've probably got a button that labeled 'ASR' then. This means you can fit the TT rack.

2nd hand seen them go for the same price as a normal rack.

Can't think of the correct terminology - but they are a tighter setup - less movement of the steering wheel & more movement of the wheels. The power of the power-assistance has also been reduced to give more 'feeling'.

I think the first owner of my car looked after it but after that its all a bit sketchy, it was just used as a family run about.

I'm quite fussy with my cars anyway and as I work for a motor factors at least I can get the bits I need cheaply.

Give it 6 months I'll have this car better than when it was new :D

You've probably got a button that labeled 'ASR' then. This means you can fit the TT rack.

2nd hand seen them go for the same price as a normal rack.

Can't think of the correct terminology - but they are a tighter setup - less movement of the steering wheel & more movement of the wheels. The power of the power-assistance has also been reduced to give more 'feeling'.

Yea I've got the 'ASR' button, so if I go for a RHD FWD Audi TT rack that will be suitable to fit?

Yea I've got the 'ASR' button, so if I go for a RHD FWD Audi TT rack that will be suitable to fit?

Doesn't have to be just the FWD model, any TT rack, R32 or Leon Cupra-R :thumbup:

Oet has fitted to his vRS - I'm not jealous at all :envy:

This mod pairs up beautifully with the cast wishbone mod & front ARB upgrade - all located on the front-sub frame.

Can see Aaquil point about getting your money's worth out of the stealership, for revenge if nothing else :evil:

I guess it would probably cause you more grief than the stealership though ... (work done in a half-hearted way, ages spent hassling them, being without a car for days on end )

ps

Nice pics :thumbup:

Looks like a nice clean example

Edited by snow_muncher

Glad you got it in time mate..you do though no matter what warranty given ie 1month the trader is fully responsible for the car upto 6 months on. to many people get stung and just except it..i wouldnt thats for sure.

btw what did you have before this?

Glad you got it in time mate..you do though no matter what warranty given ie 1month the trader is fully responsible for the car upto 6 months on. to many people get stung and just except it..i wouldnt thats for sure.

btw what did you have before this?

Vectra C ;)

DSCF3698.jpg

DSCF3704.jpg

Edited by DanBoy

Has it been identified as a leaking rack?

Have a look down the back of the gearbox under the air filter, you can see a pipe that joins on the rack on the passenger side. This is pretty common for leaking. Or could be something as simple as a cambelt has been changed and they havent topped it up again if some oil was lost.

Has it been identified as a leaking rack?

Have a look down the back of the gearbox under the air filter, you can see a pipe that joins on the rack on the passenger side. This is pretty common for leaking. Or could be something as simple as a cambelt has been changed and they havent topped it up again if some oil was lost.

No it was just noisey then noticed the lack of fluid so I've topped it up and will have a little look around.

Yea I stick with the same usernames so people know its me :) hows your vRS going?

Best way!

yea good enjoying it but miss the vectra for looks etc. although thinkng about changing again

Edited by Dose