MY11 Octavia Bluetooth & iPhone

DrvRS

New to Briskskoda and have caught up with as many old posts as I could find regarding this topic but have a couple of oustanding questions.

Am likely to order a MY11 Scout this week with anticipated delivery Jan-Mar 2011.

Intend to spec Maxidot and MFSW but am also considering Bluetooth.

Dealer tells me iPhones do not pair with Bluetooth units as supplied in the Octavia. Managed to pair iPhone 3GS and 4 with 60 plate Yeti in showroom (believe this might have older GSMII module) but not with a Columbus unit in a 60 plate Superb(GSMIII module?)

Some previous threads have suggested that more recent Octavias may pair with iPhone: Can anybody confirm that they can pair an iPhone with their Bolero Bluetooth in a recent MY11 Octavia?

Thanks in anticipation.

According to the Skoda MY2011 update notification from April this year, which affected vehicles built from week 22 onwards, the GSM III b/t was updated and should work ok with iPhones.

I'm sure a number of members have reported as such in other postings.

i have just got my elegance est with bluetooth ( includes MFSW) . i can confirm it works/pairs fine with an iphone 4, it transfers the phonebook across. you can pair at least two phones ( 1 at a time ) and choose whichone via maxidot. my other phone is a nokia 7230 ( superb slider...3g for £60 payg) this connects via the RSAP method that also takes over the phone and boosts the signal (a lot)

hope this is useful. i summary i am very pleased ,only problem is that the presets wont stay preset for more than a few days

i have just got my elegance est with bluetooth ( includes MFSW) . i can confirm it works/pairs fine with an iphone 4, it transfers the phonebook across. you can pair at least two phones ( 1 at a time ) and choose whichone via maxidot. my other phone is a nokia 7230 ( superb slider...3g for £60 payg) this connects via the RSAP method that also takes over the phone and boosts the signal (a lot)

hope this is useful. i summary i am very pleased ,only problem is that the presets wont stay preset for more than a few days

Similar situation to Boilerman, with a brand new Elegance. My phone is a windows mobile device and connects through the Hands Free Protocol rather than RSAP, so there should be no phones which will not pair with the latest MY2011 Bluetooth.

As to the presets, I picked up a tip on another thread. When setting the presets, don't pick them from your phone book, but enter them manually. This seems to be much more reliable.

Do yourself the biggest favour of all & ditch the Iphone, it's inflexible in every way. Get a HTC Desire, flexible and better.

If you want a load of music in the car, then you have two options:

1/ Use an SD card (upto 32Gb).

2/ Get an Ipod & MDI.

Do the larger SD cards work, I thought only the older style cards up to 2GB were supported?

I've tried up to 16Gb card & it accepts it, it just takes all day to read it, especially if you've got loads of music on it. emoticon-0101-sadsmile.gif

And most dealers don't seem to be aware of the upgrade that is supposed to fix the speed the Bolero reads the card...

• 2 years later...

I have just bought a 2010 Skoda Octavia vRS with the Columbus Sat Nav and Bluetooth. When I try and connect my iPhone 5 to the bluetooth facility it comes up saying that the device is incompatible. I have read other posts about changing a module underneath the drivers seat, I know that this is gonna cost a couple hundred quid, but what I wanna know is, WILL THIS WORK AND WHAT DO I NEED?!

Regards all and Merry Christmas :blush:

For what it's worth, I have a MY12 with the Swing head unit and it works flawlessly with my 4S.

The other day as I was leaving for work I didn't remember which pocket I had put my phone in. It paired when I started the engine though so I figured it had to be in *some* pocket and drove away. 20 seconds later the car lost connection.

Turns out I had left the phone inside, on the bedside table. :D Impressive bluetooth range.

Edited by Perc

I've the VW 7p6 module and that works fine with my Bolero and iPhone 4 (I have heard there are some anomalies with the BT on the 4 compared to 4s/5 though so not sure if any help for you)