where isthe oil filter?!?

bruceiow

Ok.. i can change the oil and filter in my corsa blindfold.....

Move to the fabia and I am mistified... I have the 1.4 16v, and cant for the life of me find the oil filter. is it under the great swathe of plastic engine cover??

Could someone point me towards where i can find it - and also how to take off the engine cover for maintenance?

Cheers

From memory;

engine cover removal is simply

1. remove breather pipe on left of the engine cover (just pulls off)
  2. yank (maybe very stiff) the engine cover from the front edge, then just lift it off.

Oil filter I think is on the front left of the engine, and is only just visible from above. To see it clearly you'll need to be under the car I think. Think it's to the left of the manifold too, and is a big black cylinder attached directly to the engine with a (hex?) bolt fitting on the end of it.

Hope this helps, sorry it's not clearer,

Joe.

From a quick look at Haynes ,it's at front of engine, facing horizontally forward ,above the radiator bottom hose .From photo ,looks to be roughly where the bend in the sump is.

Unfortunately the photo is of a 1.4 OHV, but further on the text says that "on the 1.4l engines ,the oil filter os located at the front of the engine" and shows a smaller photo showing just the filter .

Q to mods - would a quick photo scan be out of order ?