EGR fault insuficient flow help pleaes

rodit

Hi guy's and girls, new poster in desperate need of help for my sanity.

Spent 4 hours last night searching this forum but could not find any firm answers, not very good with searches admitedly (Sorry).

Fitted a new EGR valve and had base settings re-set, this worked for about 20 miles and then management light back on :dull:

Discussing stipping throttle body next and resetting base on this, it's a 51 plate fabia 1.4 16v.

Will this hepl? I have heard talk of piston ring's, would venting the crank case breather to atmosphere through a seperate filter remove the problem?

I can't see how this causes insuficient flow, have cleaned out the hard pipe from the egr valve also.

Really want to sort this as it's my good ladies car and she is 6 months pregnant and uses car for living. Can't affors for it to go wrong on her.

All help is really really appreciated.

Any stuttering or other unusual behavior? Might be a dirty MAP sensor...

Seems to drive really nicely and pulls clean through the rev range.

It does bog down slightly pulling off but thinks thats more me being used to bigger power cars myself and not feeding it enough revs.

Any advise and guideance is so appreciated.

Have you tried erasing the learned values in the ECU, doing the basic setting on the throttle body and carrying out an ouput test on the valve to ensure that it is working?

Excuse my stupidity but how do i test the output on the valve?

Always been more carbs and a hammer i am afraid :rofl:

You need to clean out the throttle body and whilst thats off you ll see a pipe coming into the inlet manifold at the bottom, that ll be blocked so clean that out too and you are done, might want to think about selling up or re building the engine though as this is usually a prelude to piston ring failure emoticon-0149-no.gif

You need to clean out the throttle body and whilst thats off you ll see a pipe coming into the inlet manifold at the bottom, that ll be blocked so clean that out too and you are done, might want to think about selling up or re building the engine though as this is usually a prelude to piston ring failure emoticon-0149-no.gif

Thankyou for the great advice, selling up is just not an option at the moment, if rings go then i will panic then, just working thrugh it all slowly. It's a shame such a great car is let down b this fault.