Bradford To Eastbourne

Tomorrow I am going to Eastbourne for a course I am on, the first time I have traveled so far. For the journey I had the service done a month early just to make sure everything is in good condition. I am planning to use just one tank of diesel, which means I will be sticking to 65-70 mph.

I do runs of Rochester to Bradford and back (one way: around 230 miles, just under 3/4 of a tank with average driving, 1.4 mpi classic fabia) about once a month, it ain't bad.

Avoid M1 from midday to late evening. Lots of roadworks, A1(m) ain't bad, just came back yesterday.

Don't be afraid to go a couple miles over 70, I always hover 68-72 in my favourite long distance position and it helps me spend more time concentrating on the road, rather than the spedo. If you haven't checked your mirrors since the last time you've checked your spedo, you're doing it wrong.

Tomorrow I am going to Eastbourne for a course I am on, the first time I have traveled so far. For the journey I had the service done a month early just to make sure everything is in good condition. I am planning to use just one tank of diesel, which means I will be sticking to 65-70 mph.

That's a 570 mile roundtrip. What kind of economy do you get out of the PD100 usually, at 65-70?

I started the journey at 4 am and arrived in Eastbourne at about 1pm , a few jams round the M25 plus a few long stays at the services. The MPG going was 61 on the computer ( doing 65-70), on the way back on Saturday morning took me 5 hours with one stop this was 58 mph with speeds between 70 and 78 plus a few bursts up to 85mph. The car ran like a dream.

This Easter I did Folkestone to home (300+ miles) on a tankfull. It only cost me £30 and I averaged 57mpg. :D

My dad drove the first half and I took over from Clumber Park. The second half was done at a steady 80 (dad drove slower on the first half, plus we had a detour to Gravesend to see the house he grew up in).

Edited by Jim H