Missing Heated Seats with Alcantara Leather?

Forgot to say that I wouldn't see it as a good enough reason to reject a car over, but I would want the price of the option returned (obviously) and a decent amount of compensation (3-4hrs of Skoda's labour charges, which is what it would take them to retro fit them)

Gizmo68

Good point. I think we are settled now for not having heated seats but it is more the point that when you order a car that specifies it has something we expect to get it! I will be pushing for a refund and your suggestion looks like what we will suggest as fair compensation.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

Just to update you with how this situation was resolved.

After a number of phone calls back and forth between Skoda Customer Care and the dealer (Motorline Dartford) this issue was eventually solved.

Motorline Dartford offered me the cost of the heated seats (£260) plus a £50 payment towards my costs (phone calls and emails) involved with me having to chase up this issue.

To be fair it was not Motorline Dartford's fault. The fault squarely lies with Skoda having produced a catalogue that is incorrect. For your information I quoted from the 'Sales of Goods Act 1979 Para 13, sect 1' which clearly states that goods are to be supplied as described as the basis of my complaint.

Hope no one else gets caught out by this.

Oh, final point, both my wife and I agree that heated seats, if you have the leather option anyway, is probably a bit of waste of money.

Hello all,

Just to update you with how this situation was resolved.

After a number of phone calls back and forth between Skoda Customer Care and the dealer (Motorline Dartford) this issue was eventually solved.

Motorline Dartford offered me the cost of the heated seats (£260) plus a £50 payment towards my costs (phone calls and emails) involved with me having to chase up this issue.

To be fair it was not Motorline Dartford's fault. The fault squarely lies with Skoda having produced a catalogue that is incorrect. For your information I quoted from the 'Sales of Goods Act 1979 Para 13, sect 1' which clearly states that goods are to be supplied as described as the basis of my complaint.

Hope no one else gets caught out by this.

Oh, final point, both my wife and I agree that heated seats, if you have the leather option anyway, is probably a bit of waste of money.

Good work and a note on your last line is that if you have cloth and are anything like mine then they are a total waste of money. Think i might put a claim is as they are described as heated seats not 'a couple of C above ambient seats'! The ones on the Bora actually get hot and you have to turn them down!