which seats will fit

hi can anyone tell me which is the best seat to replace my skoda seat as it is so uncomfortable i spend 8 to 10 hours a day in the car and am looking for a seat that will fit does anyone know if the golf seat will fit and is any better than the skoda seats

many thanks

You could look for a straight replacement option from a Mk5/6 Golf, Leon Mk2 or A3 8P (2004 shape onwards). These will go straight in with no modification.

What is it about the seat particularly that makes it uncomfortable for you? Clearly this is the area that you'll need to address with something different. But I think something more supportive from an A3 S-Line or Golf GTi/R32 could do the trick.

Cheers,

Steve

My wife had the same problem with our 2010 Octy Scout .I bought a padded seat from Halfords Cat Code 827428 £19.99, it fits and matches well the comfort is great .A much cheaper solution, and leaves the car as standard on resale.Just one point, you have to lower the seat because it does add hieght to the seat.

Edited by BOBW

What makes the seat uncomfortable for you? is it lack of a decent lumbar support or non adjustable (length) base?

A Recaro (from my own experience) will be the most adjustable and comfortable - but also the dearest (you get what you pay for) I currently have a dark grey Alcantara Recaro in my Superb as I suffer with back pain, this has both an adjustable seat squab and two proper adjustable lumbar supports.

This may be for sale in the next month or two if it doesn't sell with the car.

You could look for a straight replacement option from a Mk5/6 Golf, Leon Mk2 or A3 8P (2004 shape onwards). These will go straight in with no modification.

What is it about the seat particularly that makes it uncomfortable for you? Clearly this is the area that you'll need to address with something different. But I think something more supportive from an A3 S-Line or Golf GTi/R32 could do the trick.

Cheers,

Steve

thanks for information re golf seats.think the problem is lack of padding its like sitting on a wooden kitcken chair.

it would be ok for a short time but for long shifts my buttocks go numb and the bottom of my back aches so bad.

use it as taxi the company has about twenty drivers refer to them as back breakers

had a laguna with sport interior very comfortable wish i still had the seat out of that

many thanks

Some Mk5 or Mk6 Golf GTi front chairs would certainly do the trick in that case. The tartan style pattern would mark them out from the crowd too :yes:

OK - to note anything other than GT or GTi seats are likely to give you the same issue. The seats in a Mk5 SE for example, look suspiciously like my Elegance ones....

OK - to note anything other than GT or GTi seats are likely to give you the same issue. The seats in a Mk5 SE for example, look suspiciously like my Elegance ones....

glad you point ed that out was thinking about se seats

many thanks

Just to throw a spanner in the works, SWMBO has a MK5 Golf SE & I actually find the seats pretty comfortable - & I suffer with back problems!

Can't comment on what these are like compared to a MKII Octavia though as I have not sat in one.

Also I imagine the Ambient will have pretty basic seats compared to an Elegance (they are certainly a poorer spec on the other Skoda models) so don't write them off until you have tried them.

You could try these;- http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/175408-mk2-octavia-vrs-estate-front-and-rear-seats/

or alternatively try getting a Recaro seat

.... my Recaro is now For Sale, see here;- http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/176795-recaro-style-full-leather-sports-seat/

• 11 years later...

Hello everybody,

I am interested to in this subject.

I own (since new) a 2012 Skoda Octavia 2.0 DSG which I am very, very pleased but I would like some improvements starting with the seats. I am willing to keep this car because it is a great car. I love this car.

I liked the idea about the Leon's interior more than the Audi's, also I've found a 60.000 km Golf 6 set of seats for about 400 EUROS in my country. But, I've wondered if there is any chance to direct fit the Passat CC pair of  front and rear seats because I like it. Or I've found also a nice set from a Passat B6 but don't know if they direct swap or I need more engineering?

Looking for some ideas too.

Thank you!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes, this I know but also the CC is little narrow at the interior. I wondered if seats will fit front and back. I will manage the frame to fit them.

I know that I have to look the Leon FR, S3 and Golf 5er but I wanted wider seats because I am 110 kg end 190 mm tall.

Thank you!