Fabia vRS gearbox gone.

Rennie

A mate of mine owns a 2004 plate fabia vRS and the gearbox seems to have given in, wont drive at all. I've not spoken to him properly just text me asking if I knew if anyone could fix it for him, I'm just wondering if there are any other gearboxes that fit rather than looking for someone breaking a vRS.

Any help would be appriciated as I could be on for getting the car cheap and fixing it myself as he's just offered me it.

Thanks in advance.

going round tomorrow to have a look at it as the lad doesnt have much of a clue and I reckon it could maybe be the clutch.

Edited by Rennie

A mate of mine owns a 2004 plate fabia vRS and the gearbox seems to have given in, wont drive at all. I've not spoken to him properly just text me asking if I knew if anyone could fix it for him, I'm just wondering if there are any other gearboxes that fit rather than looking for someone breaking a vRS.

Any help would be appriciated as I could be on for getting the car cheap and fixing it myself as he's just offered me it.

Thanks in advance.

going round tomorrow to have a look at it as the lad doesnt have much of a clue and I reckon it could maybe be the clutch.

It could be the clutch , as that is a common issue on the 6 speed

The 02M gearbox is quire strong

\but most 02m gearbox`s should fit , but the ratio`s may differ slightly

i would say ckutch though

Hope he gets it sorted

sarah

Just got back from viewing it now, starts fine, when you put your foot on the clutch it slides into gears fine but lift your foot off the clutch while still in gear it does nothing, the lad said that it was hard to put into gear before hand and then it just went. I think it could he clutch. But don't wanna be stuck with it if it is a gear box.

He's offered me 500 plus my 03 plate Octavia that's got a few things wrong with it for it. I can get use of another car for a couple of weeks till I get it sorted. I'm pretty sure it goes into gear, just feels really smooth but I couldnt be 100% sure

He's offered me 500 plus my 03 plate Octavia that's got a few things wrong with it for it. I can get use of another car for a couple of weeks till I get it sorted. I'm pretty sure it goes into gear, just feels really smooth but I couldnt be 100% sure

Don't push the clutch in, then try and put it in gear carefully, don't force it - it should be pretty obvious if the linkage is broken. If it is, the gearstick will move very freely into all gears regardless of clutch position.

After sleeping on it last night, I've decided to keep hold of my Octavia, couldn't go from a fully working car too a non runner. So I am now on the search for some coilovers and wheels for mine instead :D

Thanks for all your help those guys as this will help my mate with fixing it.