bluetooth

I have a Nokia 6220 which apparently is compatable with bluetooth on my 2010 Superb SE....but havent got a first clue on how to set it all up. Do I need a mobile phone holder fitting to the dashboard etc etc. Anyone help please ???What buttons do I have to press etc

I have a Nokia 6220 which apparently is compatable with bluetooth on my 2010 Superb SE....but havent got a first clue on how to set it all up. Do I need a mobile phone holder fitting to the dashboard etc etc. Anyone help please ???What buttons do I have to press etc

Sit in the car and turn on the ignition. On the MaxiDot display, select Setup, then Bluetooth, then on your Nokia select Connectivity. Make the phone visible, then select Search for Devices on the car. When it finds your phone, the car will display a 16-digit password for you to type into your phone. Your phone will ask if you want to accept the pairing request, select Yes then type in the password (it will be a series of four numbers, repeated four times, e.g., 1111 2222 3333 4444). Once the phone is paired, the car will ask to set up a profile. OK that and either select the name supplied, or change it using the right thumbwheel. You should now be able to view your phonebook, although the car might ask to update it first. OK that and from memory, I think you're done.

Return to the phone and select "Hidden" in the Connectivity section. All you need to do then is to have the phone in your pocket, or in the car for it to work. The phone may require consent to connect each time, some do, some don't. HTH :)

Ray

Sit in the car and turn on the ignition. On the MaxiDot display, select Setup, then Bluetooth, then on your Nokia select Connectivity. Make the phone visible, then select Search for Devices on the car. When it finds your phone, the car will display a 16-digit password for you to type into your phone. Your phone will ask if you want to accept the pairing request, select Yes then type in the password (it will be a series of four numbers, repeated four times, e.g., 1111 2222 3333 4444). Once the phone is paired, the car will ask to set up a profile. OK that and either select the name supplied, or change it using the right thumbwheel. You should now be able to view your phonebook, although the car might ask to update it first. OK that and from memory, I think you're done.

Return to the phone and select "Hidden" in the Connectivity section. All you need to do then is to have the phone in your pocket, or in the car for it to work. The phone may require consent to connect each time, some do, some don't. HTH :)

Ray

Hi, I have a problem with updated phone-book. I downloaded it into my Superb estate 2011 model and there is too many contacts in the phone-book. I tried to upload a new version of the phone-book there but the old contacts were not removed. How could I reset the phone-book uploaded in my car and remove the unnecessary contacts away there?

How many contacts do you have?!

I have over 700 number in my phone, and they all transfer to the Superb via a Nokia e51 on rSAP...

Al.

Because of the some syncronation problems between my laptop and phone I had many duplicates in phone-book and therefore I had over 2300 contacts in Superb phone-book. I do not have premium bluetooth in my car but I think that this GSM III includes also the rSap sync automatically. My phone is Nokia e72.

Because of the some syncronation problems between my laptop and phone I had many duplicates in phone-book and therefore I had over 2300 contacts in Superb phone-book. I do not have premium bluetooth in my car but I think that this GSM III includes also the rSap sync automatically. My phone is Nokia e72.

I think you'll have to remove all users, restart the Columbus and begin again.

Ray

I think you'll have to remove all users, restart the Columbus and begin again.

Ray

Well, this did not work either. I disconnected my phone from the car side and then reconnected it. First it looked like sound thing to do but afterwards there were still those duplicate contacts in my car phonebook. Before connecting the phone again I did clean my phone contact list and there were no duplicates in SIM card or phone memore any more. Does anyone have any other proporsals? Could this be handled with VAGCOM or something? Whatabout if I rename the phone? Does the car still recognise the phone with C-number or something and it still remembers the old phonebook info?

Under settings, phone on the columbus there should be an option to redownload the address book. I think its labled as "update address book" or "download address book"

Under settings, phone on the columbus there should be an option to redownload the address book. I think its labled as "update address book" or "download address book"

Yes, I tried that reload the address book. It did not work the way I wanted. Now I did delete the user (my phone on the list) and connected again and it worked well. I guess that this disconnect was not enough for the car's phonebook. The other thing I did, I destroyed the back up phone-book from my phone memory card and also all contacts from SIM card. I do not know if those had any affect on this. However now it works and over 2300 contact is now less that 300 contacs emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif