Fabia VRS transplant?

mod_boy

Just drop in no, but if you had enough time,money or skill you could certainly make it fit

i have a fabia vrs that has all the parts on it, not only the engine. i am aware there will be quite alot of work but was just wondering if it would go without too much modification to the car

ahhh thanks for your advice :thumbup: just thought with it been the same chassie it would fit

It's not the same chassis, though. The Mk1 Fabia is the same chassis as the 9N Polo, as per my previous post. The 6N Polo is twinned with the Felicia, I think...

Isn't the Felicia a re-worked Favorit at heart?

anyway, Why would you wanna drop a vRS engine in to a 6n? Unless you've written your motor off? Would me a cute sleeper, but doesn't sound possible :(

Isn't the Felicia a re-worked Favorit at heart?

anyway, Why would you wanna drop a vRS engine in to a 6n? Unless you've written your motor off? Would me a cute sleeper, but doesn't sound possible :(

because i have my written of VRS in the garage and i am sick of just looking at it, just wondering what cars i could get for cheap that the engine would go into (except for a fabia)

I have seen topics where this engine has been put in both lupo and arosa sdi as a base (or a MK2 Golf). The benefit you have is that you have a donor vehicle sitting in the garage with a full loom. Do it!

Polo had both 1.4TDI or 1.9 diesel engines. So a turbo will/might fit and a 1.9 block/head will ft.

I think you might have some issues with the gearbox. The Fabia VRS has a different LHS(?) console than other Fabias due to the increased size of the 6 speeder.

Other conversions.... see www.tdiclub.com

I've seen/heard of Audi TTs, VW Lupos, Seat Alhambras, SEAT Arosas... There's also a Westfield on TDICLUB in the conversions topic.

HTH

J.

im not acctually bothered about the polo just a cheap car to get. im liking the sound of the lupo and arosa but am worried about the size of the engine bay. think i need to do my research befor jumping into it.

am liking all the sugestions and advice though :thumbup: