6 months to get a Yeti?

pixor

I need a replacement car in a reasonable time period, and while looking at second-hand Octavias I was tempted by the Yeti in the showroom. In fact, I was so impressed by it, I convinced myself I could stretch the budget and get a base spec 1.2 with DSG gearbox. My plans were thwarted though, when the salesman told me there was a 6 month wait!

Is this really true?

I've since found a 2008 Octavia estate that fits my needs and budget, but I'd have loved that Yeti, if I could have bought one.

I need a replacement car in a reasonable time period, and while looking at second-hand Octavias I was tempted by the Yeti in the showroom. In fact, I was so impressed by it, I convinced myself I could stretch the budget and get a base spec 1.2 with DSG gearbox. My plans were thwarted though, when the salesman told me there was a 6 month wait!

Is this really true?

I've since found a 2008 Octavia estate that fits my needs and budget, but I'd have loved that Yeti, if I could have bought one.

Welcome pixor.

I would ask the advise of another dealer as there is a delay of between 4 to 6 months yes....................but thinking positively, you'll be driving around in something VERY quirky and unique...and is DEFINITELY an eye catcher and head turner.

Unfortunately you have to make the decision yourself, but I CAN promise you the Yeti will be WELL WORTH THE WAIT :yes:

Please keep us up to date on what you decide to do :smirk:

Have a look at secondhand ones, ex. dealer and ex. skoda cars are now coming through to the used market. Some good deals to be had on some very well spec'd cars, and you wont have to wait.

Have a look at secondhand ones, ex. dealer and ex. skoda cars are now coming through to the used market. Some good deals to be had on some very well spec'd cars, and you wont have to wait.

if you live in a decent sized town / city you could always sign up for a car club - e.g. citycar, zipcar - while you are waiting ???

http://www.carplus.org.uk/car-clubs/find-a-car-club-car/

Edited by yellowyeller

Thanks Guys.

I find that since I've moved to Scotland that there's a lot less choice within reasonable traveling distance. I was persuaded to get my old car up for sale before buying the new one, and it sold in 24 hours, so finding the time to travel and look at cars is very difficult on public transport.

I was really impressed by the Yeti in terms of build quality and packaging. One of the reasons I am looking for a car is because we are planning on expanding our family with a second child, and after grappling with saloons, I was amazed at how practical the Yeti is. I think Skoda have really thought the whole thing through very well.

Never mind, I did manage to find a really well spec'd Octavia Estate with DSG and all the toys within my budget, and I'm looking forward to picking that up tomorrow. When I need a replacement in a few years, my first choice will be a Yeti, as there should be plenty of second-hand ones around then.

Edited by pixor

I know it's miles away from you but I'd give Darren at Simpsons a call about this one:

http://www.skoda.net.r66.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=601160190

It's a long way from you but either that, a six month wait or always thinking that you could have got something better than the Octavia - although that is still a brilliant car.

Is this really true?

Yes. I visited two local dealers last week and both said the same.

Is this really true?

Have you tried ringing Drive the Deal?

Have you tried ringing Drive the Deal?

I've tried everything!

Even getting the base spec 1.2tsi with a dsg gearbox would have been stretching my budget, so I went with the Octavia estate in the end, and picked it up today. I'll be coming back for a Yeti in the future though!