Main Highway under way

prodata

Seems like Main Highway has just (20:06 but not quite sure which TZ this relates to) left Emden bound for Sheerness with ETA 19:00 tomorrow. Still shown as in R Ems at present (12.3knots heading 268deg) but imminently due to pass Delfzijl and thence towards the open sea.

http://www.marinetra...10&type_color=7

Hopefully my Wk41 CR170 might be on board assuming that the back-up at Emden wasn't getting too huge - maybe my dealer might be able to confirm tomorrow. But I guess the earliest transporter delivery is going to be Monday now and then PDI etc...

Dealer was saying that he's under instruction from Skoda to register 9 more cars by end Oct and this one was on the list and hence he expected delivery to be expedited. Not 100% sure why Skoda (ie and not my dealer) seem to be calling the shots here but I'm not complaining.

Edited by prodata

Seems like Main Highway has just (20:06 but not quite sure which TZ this relates to) left Emden bound for Sheerness with ETA 19:00 tomorrow. Still shown as in R Ems at present (12.3knots heading 268deg) but imminently due to pass Delfzijl and thence towards the open sea.

http://www.marinetra...10&type_color=7

Hopefully my Wk41 CR170 might be on board assuming that the back-up at Emden wasn't getting too huge - maybe my dealer might be able to confirm tomorrow. But I guess the earliest transporter delivery is going to be Monday now and then PDI etc...

Dealer was saying that he's under instruction from Skoda to register 9 more cars by end Oct and this one was on the list and hence he expected delivery to be expedited. Not 100% sure why Skoda (ie and not my dealer) seem to be calling the shots here but I'm not complaining.

down to the docks for you tomorrow flask in hand :rofl: sorry i will get my coat

I was told on Sunday that my Yeti was at Grimsby - cue much delight.

On Monday the salesman I have always dealt with said it was at Emden. :'(

Seems it disliked Grimsby and swam back all the way across the North sea.......

Edited by Fluffy destroyer of worlds

Hmm, progress not too dramatic overnight, now roughly N of Amsterdam. Speed is currently showing as about 10 knots so I guess distance covered is about right. Maybe speed is lower than the usual 15 knots when it's fully laden, or it's been swimming against the tide or there's just a lot of traffic congestion off the Dutch coast - certainly looks that way from the tracking plot. But it's still got 12 hours to get to Sheerness on time.

Hmm, progress not too dramatic overnight, now roughly N of Amsterdam. Speed is currently showing as about 10 knots so I guess distance covered is about right. Maybe speed is lower than the usual 15 knots when it's fully laden, or it's been swimming against the tide or there's just a lot of traffic congestion off the Dutch coast - certainly looks that way from the tracking plot. But it's still got 12 hours to get to Sheerness on time.

Something that caught me out when I was tracking the progress of my Yeti is that the tracking of the ships appears to be done by shore mounted devices with a fairly short range. When the ship moves out of range, the web site just shows its last reported position. It's entirely possible that your ship will suddenly cross the North Sea with a single bound and appear off the British coast. Enjoy your Yeti when it arrives.

Phibes.

cany believe how many sad anorak wearing ship spotters are on here...u reckon we should all be on www.shipspot/forumco.uk instead :giggle: ....have fun tracking the ships i know i did :thumbup:

Well this is the second trip of Main Highway between Emden & Sheerness since my SM was recorded as at the docks. Once again full of anticipation only to be told the system is still showing it at the docks. this is the worst part of the waiting ...... So near yet seems so far.

Well this is the second trip of Main Highway between Emden & Sheerness since my SM was recorded as at the docks. Once again full of anticipation only to be told the system is still showing it at the docks. this is the worst part of the waiting ...... So near yet seems so far.

But it may be like courier systems (DHL, Fedex etc) in that items are not logged out of a location but only logged into their next staging post on arrival. So it's possible that the status will only be updated once each vehicle is checked in at Sheerness. Or is there an 'in transit' or 'on the ship' status designation?

Mine should have been built this week. Is it likely to be on the same ship or will it take a day or two and have to wait for the next one. How do you guys know what stage of the process your SM is at? My dealer never calls me :'(

Mine should have been built this week. Is it likely to be on the same ship or will it take a day or two and have to wait for the next one. How do you guys know what stage of the process your SM is at? My dealer never calls me :'(

Don't wait for the dealer to call you it will never happen until the vehicle arrives and they want paying.

I've been ringing my dealer every two weeks since ordering for an update. Hopefully when I come to pick it up we'll be on first name terms.

I've rung twice this week once I was told the SM was on the dock side.

I'll be ringing again on Monday to see if there's been any change.

cany believe how many sad anorak wearing ship spotters are on here...u reckon we should all be on www.shipspot/forumco.uk instead :giggle: ....have fun tracking the ships i know i did :thumbup:

I saw YOU there lee when you were waiting for your SM :giggle:

If that's the case, I would call him EVERY 3 days requesting an update, and speak to the sales manager too because he should be keeping you informed :yes:

Update: Saturday: Yes Main Highway did dock at Sheerness at 23:32 last night (actually 4 1/2 hours late). And yes it was missing in action for several hours yesterday between the Dutch and Kent coasts - as per another post the online tracking does seem only to be received and update when the ship is within 30-40 miles of the coast (presumably any coast with receiving stations). But the tracking info does say how long ago the last position fix was received and if it's too long then will say words to the effect that the ship is out of range for live tracking.

I'll need to pester my dealer later today to see there's been any update in the vehicle status or to see if it's still stuck at Emden docks. But assuming that the next port of call is Emden and then back here to Sheerness then there's obviously still time this coming week for at least one more UK delivery and to meet the end of the month delivery to me that Skoda seem to have promised.

Thames Highway seems to be next for the Emden==>Sheerness conveyor (arrived in at Emden from St Petersburg last night). ETA Sheerness tomorrow 1100. TH (7750 tonnes) seems more than twice the size of MH (3347) so room on board for lots more Yetis. Also faster with max speed 22 knots, so 2-3 round trips by TH might go a long way towards relieving the Emden bottleneck. Still hope then for end of the month delivery.

Edit: Tuesday 18:00: TH now left Emden en route Sheerness. ETA 11:00 tomorrow but that seems optimistic, maybe it was late leaving Emden. Dealer tells me that there are two further ships planned for Emden==>Sheerness this coming week.

Edited by prodata

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having fun with the tracker, but I don't actually know what ship I'm supposed to be looking for. I know my SM is at Emden waiting for a ride, but don't know which ship its going on. It should come to Sheerness, so I'm assuming I'm looking for a ship name ending in highway with destination of Sheerness.

I'm having fun with the tracker, but I don't actually know what ship I'm supposed to be looking for. I know my SM is at Emden waiting for a ride, but don't know which ship its going on. It should come to Sheerness, so I'm assuming I'm looking for a ship name ending in highway with destination of Sheerness.

Spot on.

Anything second name "highway" are the ones to watch. Been there done it got the 'T' shirt, good luck!

Well the Isar Highway is now in port at Emden... emoticon-0140-rofl.gif And my car is also (apparently) in Emden! Yihay.

But it is going to Grimsby so I don't think it will be bringing my car as it will be coming to Sheerness I'd suspect.

Voyage Related Info (Last Received)

Draught: 5.1 m

Destination: GRYMSBY

ETA: 2010-11-06 15:45

Info Received: 2010-11-05 10:41 (0d, 0h 40min 51s ago)

Looks like we're both waiting for a ride for our cars to Sheerness then. :yes:

The Schelde Highway is due out to Grimsby, Neckar Highway is en route to Grimsby, so looks like Grimsby is going to get a few cars then. lol