18" wheel advice please

vrs180

Hi

Bad news, the missus wants my "as new" 17" spider wheels on her Fabia vRS :'( good news, she's told me to get some new wheels for my car :)

I've found a 18" wheel I like, and its a very similar design to the original spiders fitted to my Octy vRS.

They are available in et35, 7"x18" and 8"x18".

Question is, with 225/40x18 tyres which rim width is the best to fit 7" or 8" ????

And would either of these choices cause any clearance issues ????

Thanks

Bill.

8x18 et35 are a well used size mate

are you stock or coilovers etc? :smirk:

9 out of 10 guys get no probs with 225/40s even on stock tho tbh :thumbup:

i started with et35 8x18s on stock myself and had no issues, dropped on coilovers still nothing, and even with the 8x20s on a 225/30 et35s no trouble :smirk:

(touching wood) just a fiddle with heights lol

whatcha looking at matey

Edited by Lloyd55vrs

On a related note - I got my rear shocks changed this weekend for the VMAXX adjustables and on their maximum height the rear is about 20-25mm lower.

It was fine until I drove with some stuff in the boot and a passenger in the back - then it rubbed on every single bump.

I wonder if the Estate is a different shape at the rear?

My wheels are 18x8 with 225/40R18 tyres fitted.

8x18 et35 are a well used size mate

are you stock or coilovers etc? :smirk:

9 out of 10 guys get no probs with 225/40s even on stock tho tbh :thumbup:

i started with et35 8x18s on stock myself and had no issues, dropped on coilovers still nothing, and even with the 8x20s on a 225/30 et35s no trouble :smirk:

(touching wood) just a fiddle with heights lol

whatcha looking at matey

Thanks Lloyd.

My cars on std springs and dampers.

These are the wheels I'm thinking of getting, I've never heard of this make before (made in Italy) but they are about as near as I can find to the vrs spiders, which IMO really suit the car.

mak-veleno.jpg

veleno_2.jpg

Hope they will be OK.

Bill.

Thanks Lloyd.

My cars on std springs and dampers.

These are the wheels I'm thinking of getting, I've never heard of this make before (made in Italy) but they are about as near as I can find to the vrs spiders, which IMO really suit the car.

veleno_2.jpg

Hope they will be OK.

Bill.

Are they the XLRs?

I have the MAK XLR Blacks on mine:

DSC01509.jpg

Really like both of those including yours Rob actually thought they were ultraleggeras until I studied the pic and thats not a bad thing at all!

Really do like the twin 5 spokes I think I'd go for them myself, they would look spot on in anthracite or black on a black vRS. I like the OE look, or as close as!

Are they the XLRs?

I have the MAK XLR Blacks on mine:

DSC01509.jpg

Hi Rob

The wheel is a MAK Veleno silver.

How would you rate the quality of MAK wheels ??? and can you fit a Skoda centre badge to them ???

Thanks

Bill.

:) you can fit skoda badges to all kinds, i put some on my brothers omnyts or what ever they are called :) i even heated them so they sunk over the bump lol but you can get all shapes n size sticky ones :)

Had some when i had my tsw rims too , look a nice little finishing touch, ebays a good place to peek, just watch out for people selling basic flat stickers as wherl center badged :( grrr

Edited by Lloyd55vrs

Hi Rob

The wheel is a MAK Veleno silver.

How would you rate the quality of MAK wheels ??? and can you fit a Skoda centre badge to them ???

Thanks

Bill.

They seem decent. I've bounced through a few potholes on the NZ roads and had no issues in over 18 months.

The XLRs only weigh 8.7g each - that's less than the tyre :)

I had some 60mm gel stickers made by an Ebay seller - standard centres are 50mm.

DSC01370.jpg

Defo lower than yours Rob. And never rubbed. Only time its rubbed was round Castle Coombe when going hard and i mean hard into corners.

I could go a lot lower than it is but i like my sump.

Strange how yours rubs!!!

Defo 225 40's and 8 x 18. Offset is 35 or 37 can't remember.

Also had it same lowness with my RS4's on:

S8000260.jpg

And also with a 9J wheel on the back:

S8000256.jpg

S8000254.jpg

Dave

I do so like a lil stretch :)

Have you any pics on that angle with the 215s on the 8js

You finally thinnin down your wheel family are you bandit buddy , what you keeping on ?

They all look cool but, the ultra legs are ouber cool, but when i see the ch look i just cant wait for mine :)

I do so like a lil stretch :)

Have you any pics on that angle with the 215s on the 8js

You finally thinnin down your wheel family are you bandit buddy , what you keeping on ?

They all look cool but, the ultra legs are ouber cool, but when i see the ch look i just cant wait for mine :)

No pics of the fronts mate. The CH are gone to a good home. The RS4 are back on for now and the Super Legs need a clean then up for sale as they just sat in the garage.

Car is coming off the road very soon for a full and i mean full strip down and rebuild and a top secret engine upgrade ( maybe) lol

New wheels will be needed once rebuilt and they will be lightweight with some sticky ass rubber fitted :thumbup:

Dave