How do I remove the lower dash panels?

Hi all

Probably a really daft question but how does the drivers side lower dash panel come off? I've removed all the Torx screws I can see, but it still seems to be attached somehow where it curves inward and butts up to the upper dash.

I'm sure it's just a case of pulling it in the right direction, but I've broken enough trim clips and mounting points in my time, to know when to check first ;)

If it's the panel immediately above the pedals see post #15 in

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/177453-leaking-rear-washer-pipe-might-have-caused-electrical-damage/

If it's the panel with the headlight switch on it, you have probably missed the screws under the cover for the fuses. Undo the grey screws and gently pull forward the trim. Unplug the headlight switch and the headlight level control. Now undo the black screws that hold the fusebox onto the panel and unclip it from the panel (if you leave the black screws until last, the panel will be more stable whilst you unplug the controls).

I'm pretty sure I located all the screws, it just seems to cling on where it meets the upper dash and is free to rotate forwards etc but does not come off?

I got the screws in and around the fusebox, removed the fuse holder from the panel, removed the lower panel (above the pedals) and the 3 or 4 torx screws that are facing upwards in that area....it's just still attached somehow to the other dash part.

I just don't want to force it or pull it unless I know it's in the right place and direction otherwise it'll no doubt break lugs off and I'll end up with a creaky dash (it'll be like having a peugeot again! :) )

Not really Rob, thanks though

That panel's not the problem, I've left it off anyway while I sort this little project out (trying to route the gauge wiring and vac tube though mainly)

It's the join between lower panel (the one that has the cutout for the steering column and surround) and the upper main dash - they won't seem to seperate.

make sure you have taken the screw out which is behind the light switch housing - once the light switch is removed their is a housing left behind which clips into teh dash - screw is behind this

• 10 years later...