Dragon tuning box adjustment...worth it?

Hello, I bought my VRS off Paxton (from this site) and Its a belting car. It came with a Dragon tuning box on it and although Ive not rolling roaded it im sure its much more than standard. Question is does anyone know the likely effects of adjusting the level its currently set at, the paperwork says "gains for all VAG engines" is setting number 11...there are 16 and I think Paxton set it at 11 or 12.

Is it gonna be worth messing with? Or am I just going to get more fuel, more smoke and wont feel the difference.

and before you start with......JUST REMAP IT! I might do but I have other speed in my life - 170bhp 600kg Westfield.

Cheers, Olly :thumbup:

Hello, I bought my VRS off Paxton (from this site) and Its a belting car. It came with a Dragon tuning box on it and although Ive not rolling roaded it im sure its much more than standard. Question is does anyone know the likely effects of adjusting the level its currently set at, the paperwork says "gains for all VAG engines" is setting number 11...there are 16 and I think Paxton set it at 11 or 12.

Is it gonna be worth messing with? Or am I just going to get more fuel, more smoke and wont feel the difference.

and before you start with......JUST REMAP IT! I might do but I have other speed in my life - 170bhp 600kg Westfield.

Cheers, Olly :thumbup:

Are you sure there is 16 settings as I have a Dragon digital tuning box and mine only has 7 settings

Yep as you said there are two different dragon boxes.... They changed from 16 to 7 settings at some point. Mine's a 7 setting one and i tried the different settings. I initially put it on 7 but that was powerfull but very rough so settled on setting 6 in the end. Try a few others and settle on the best for YOUR engine as every one is different. :thumbup:

Mine went on the Awesome rollers and the results are shown in my sig below.

Cheers

Dave.

Edited by WaveyDavey

wish i could help you Olly, but its coming up to been 3 years since i flogged you that car!

i dont see the point remapping it. I remember how quick it was..... A bit quicker than my current Scenic 1.6 yawn

Edited by paxton

• 3 weeks later...