Roomster Parcel Shelf Gap

eca00opc

Hi just got a Roomster and absolutely love it - far better than the heap of rubbish Fiat Croma that kept on braking down!

However there does seem to be design flaw with the parcel shelf. There is ALWAYS a gap between the middle seat and the parcel shelf. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong but it does seem odd....I don't like the fact that you can see into the boot.

How have other people got round this? Can the middle seat be moved or is it possible to buy a boot cover - I've seen one here but don't know whether it is any good or not

http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/product/Roomster_06%3E_Boot_Cover_DMK770005#

I've not yet seen any other Roomsters in car parks etc to see what they've done about the problem!

many thanks

Olly

Welcome to the forum Olly.

Don't waste £22 of your hard earned cash on what can only be described as the worst accesory ever released. :thumbdown:

I would save some more £££'s and get some subtle tints or the full set of sunblinds. :thumbup:

I am fortunate enough to have sunset glass on the Scout and have fitted the sunblinds which, as well as looking like some sort of limo B) also mean no scrotes can see in, and J5 Jnr gets no glare from the sun :giggle:

Edited by Jonny5ive

Hi just got a Roomster and absolutely love it - far better than the heap of rubbish Fiat Croma that kept on braking down!

However there does seem to be design flaw with the parcel shelf. There is ALWAYS a gap between the middle seat and the parcel shelf. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong but it does seem odd....I don't like the fact that you can see into the boot.

How have other people got round this? Can the middle seat be moved or is it possible to buy a boot cover - I've seen one here but don't know whether it is any good or not

http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/product/Roomster_06%3E_Boot_Cover_DMK770005#

I've not yet seen any other Roomsters in car parks etc to see what they've done about the problem!

many thanks

Olly

It's handy though if you want to leave a dog guard in the car and use the parcel shelf when you aren't carrying the dog.

The cover that was available for early Roomsters was a "velcro" secured nightmare. The second generation covers are much better in that they have plastic clips that secure to the rear seat headrests and are much quicker and easier to use. Still expensive for what they are though.

The cover that was available for early Roomsters was a "velcro" secured nightmare. The second generation covers are much better in that they have plastic clips that secure to the rear seat headrests and are much quicker and easier to use. Still expensive for what they are though.

Thanks for the advice everyone - the one I linked to in the OP was a velcro one, so maybe not that one. Might just soldier on with a little baby blanket that I'm using at the moment

I stand corrected. I did not know there was a revised cover. TAXI!! :giggle:

I stand corrected. I did not know there was a revised cover. TAXI!! :giggle:

That's news to me as well, not had a problem with my original one as allready said.

Hi J5 - did you buy the skoda ones for your roomster or say ones from a company that does a set of 6 ??

thanks Smelly

Welcome to the forum Olly.

Don't waste £22 of your hard earned cash on what can only be described as the worst accesory ever released. :thumbdown:

I would save some more £££'s and get some subtle tints or the full set of sunblinds. :thumbup:

I am fortunate enough to have sunset glass on the Scout and have fitted the sunblinds which, as well as looking like some sort of limo B) also mean no scrotes can see in, and J5 Jnr gets no glare from the sun :giggle:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Original cover looked better, but was less durable due to velcro. Newer style cover does not actually fit all that well, since it is not hooked to middle rear headrest, and the fabric is split 40/60. It does job well enough, but there is always a very small gap/slot left.

I found the boot cover a pain after the roller blind type on my Citroen so I consigned it to the loft and just rely on tinted windows now. Plus not leaving anything worth stealing in there.

Should add that I regularly carry (other folks) walking aids, so it was continually in and out.

The roller blind parcel shelf was the only bit of my Schitroen I preferred to my Roomster.

My Scout has sunset glass, which helps to hide things from opportunist thieves.

I also carry a black sheet, which I throw over anything that remains visible through the gap behind the rear seats.

The roller blind parcel shelf was the only bit of my Schitroen I preferred to my Roomster

I agree but would include 3 reasonable sized rear seats

Thanks for the links, but all of them seem to say "fastened using velcro fasteners". Sorry, am I missing something? What is OP link and which link is to the cover with the clips?

OP = Original/Originating Post/er

The link in Post#1 is a cover that has plastic clips

Whereas the links in Posts #18,17,16,14, link to a cover that is fastened with Velcro

Hope that helps :thumbup: