Old News to Us All

davecarter

So, the Yeti's sold out! Easter delivery if you order one now.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/259111/skoda_yeti_sold_out.html

Encountered the first frost on mine this morning. It used to be a 10 minute thaw job just to get into my Audi TT, then another 10 minutes before the door would close properly.

Straight in with the Yeti and fully defrosted within 8 minutes and those wonderful heated seats! Off to work with sure footed 4x4 confidence. I'm going to enjoy this winter. emoticon-0100-smile.gif

So, the Yeti's sold out! Easter delivery if you order one now.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/259111/skoda_yeti_sold_out.html

Encountered the first frost on mine this morning. It used to be a 10 minute thaw job just to get into my Audi TT, then another 10 minutes before the door would close properly.

Straight in with the Yeti and fully defrosted within 8 minutes and those wonderful heated seats! Off to work with sure footed 4x4 confidence. I'm going to enjoy this winter. emoticon-0100-smile.gif

Yep, the link was posted last week but even a neighbour commented over the weekend that "oh, its one of those that people are waiting a long time for, isnt it?!" :giggle:

I have to agree on the cold morning abilities too. :yes: Frost on the screen was gone before I drove off with no intervention from me, mirrors cleared with the heating element in seconds, lovely warm bum and back before Id got to the end of the main road thanks to the heated seats and within a few minutes lovely warm air coming through!

Edited by FocusZtec

Yes but you have a 1.8 petrol to heat convertor under the bonnet.... :giggle:

Actually thats quite a valid point as when I take our TDCI for the morning commute, it needs around five miles before it starts to produce any warmth inside the cabin!

This is why a diesel pre heater is an option in some markets... but not for us in the UK because we like to drive cold cars it seems.

Even Audi don't have one on the options list for most vehicles in the UK. Luxury brand my foot. :dull:

This is why a diesel pre heater is an option in some markets... but not for us in the UK because we like to drive cold cars it seems.

Even Audi don't have one on the options list for most vehicles in the UK. Luxury brand my foot. emoticon-0114-dull.gif

My little Audi A2 has a standard Webasto diesel powered heater sitting next to the engine. Works a treat BUT only switches on to help heat the car if the temperature is below 5. Eh?! Doh. What about when it is 8 and the wind chill makes it freezing?!!? Brrrrr But then petrols only have that excess heat because they are so ineffecient with the energy in each litre of fuel you feed them! emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

I'm well worried about how long the Yeti will take to clear a windscreen since the A2 was just about OK with the Webasto running. But when I changed my Yeti order I did not select the heated windscreen since I've never enjoyed driving a car with those little bendy wires in the windscreen - all Fords I might add. And I don't drive to work in my car so don't do enough early frosty mornings to justify the cost. So will just have to live with a windscreen only defrosting as I arrive at my destination!

[As an aside on very cold mornings it is always a treat to see my A2 steam from each and very side! The engine exhaust out back, the Webasto exhaust out front and each of the rear view mirrors steaming on the sides too!]

My first Freelander had a diesel FBH and it was great, but the number of times someone told me my car was on fire!! The last Freelander had an electric ceramic thing that came on with the ignition at less than 5 c and was very good.

This morning (0430) was the first morning I really can say it was cold, as I had to scrape the screen and side windows. Display showed -3c. With the heater on max screen I noticed warmth coming through at about 5 miles, and by the time I got to Newtown (12miles) I had to turn the heater down! So not that bad really.

One thing I did notice was the difference in the ice on my screen compared to that on my neighbours. My screen has been treated 3 times with one of these RainX type products, and the ice was just a thin sheet that was easy to scrape off, whereas my neighbours looked much more solid and was lumpy from the large drops on it.

I must get my screen cover out!!

My first Freelander had a diesel FBH and it was great, but the number of times someone told me my car was on fire!! The last Freelander had an electric ceramic thing that came on with the ignition at less than 5 c and was very good.

This morning (0430) was the first morning I really can say it was cold, as I had to scrape the screen and side windows. Display showed -3c. With the heater on max screen I noticed warmth coming through at about 5 miles, and by the time I got to Newtown (12miles) I had to turn the heater down! So not that bad really.

One thing I did notice was the difference in the ice on my screen compared to that on my neighbours. My screen has been treated 3 times with one of these RainX type products, and the ice was just a thin sheet that was easy to scrape off, whereas my neighbours looked much more solid and was lumpy from the large drops on it.

I must get my screen cover out!!

0430? What time does your shift start then? Even the milkmen aren't out that early these days!

0430? What time does your shift start then? Even the milkmen aren't out that early these days!

Shift should be 0600 - 1800, 1800 - 0600, but we generally swop over 30 minutes early, plus it is an hours drive across country.

And yes I do get to work before the milkie!!

Many, Many Years ago was the proud owner of a VW 412 sedan LE . It had a petrol fired interior pre heater which could be set by a timer , I seem to remember it would run for a maximum of 10 mins, Great car !!!!!!

Hi

I'm planning to order a Yeti in the near future and was resigned to having to pay the VAT at 20% due to the long waiting list. However, in autoexpress it says Skoda are guaranteeing the prices if you order before the December. Has anyone managed to get a dealer to agree this? I may well go and place an order if that is the case.

Ben

Edited by Ben182

Hi

I'm planning to order a Yeti in the near future and was resigned to having to pay the VAT at 20% due to the long waiting list. However, in autoexpress it says Skoda are guaranteeing the prices if you order before the December. Has anyone managed to get a dealer to agree this? I may well go and place an order if that is the case.

Ben

Hi,

I ordered mine in mid October through "drive the deal" at useful discount, The supply dealer being Marlborough Škoda.

At that time Skoda were saying that it should be ordered before the end of October. If Skoda have now extended that to the end of December 2010 I can't see why a dealer would have a problem as it's Skoda that will pay the increase in VAT.

There are a few minor conditions that you will have to conform to to qualify.

Alan

Hi

Ben

Hi and welcome,

I ordered my next Yeti from James My link at Allams in Epsom earlier this month and the price quoted is the price I will pay on delivery next March / April, when she hopefully turns up.

Might be worth giving him a call.

Regards,

TP