EGR Delete Thread

Tas

whats the best thing to plug it with??

5.5mm or 6mm ball bearing. You can then re-attach the hose, and no-one will know it's been done*, and you don't have a hose dangling in your engine bay with a golf tee etc in it.

*Apart from the engine warning light that comes on. Which can be mapped out if you want.

*Apart from the engine warning light that comes on. Which can be mapped out if you want.

How easy is it for the egr engine light to be mapped out? I have an allard egr bypass and I'd like the engine light sorted out so it doesn't come on and cause grief at the MOT.

How easy is it for the egr engine light to be mapped out? I have an allard egr bypass and I'd like the engine light sorted out so it doesn't come on and cause grief at the MOT.

Dunno is the short answer. I'm living with the light on mine at the moment, and after a while you don't notice it very much. I don't think it can be permanently turned off by VAGCOM (but I'm not 100% on this), so it would need to be mapped out by someone who usually does remaps for more power etc. Best bet is to talk to Shark/P-Torque/whoever does remapping that's near you. No idea what it's cost just to get rid of the light. Let me know if you find out, as I'd be interested to hear. :thumbup:

is the gains worth it though? heard that its debatable weather or not there are any benifits from doin this?

I've done it to stop my Bacon Lettuce & Tomato stutter, and it's totally cured what was quite an annoyance for me. I also don't like the idea of hot sooty exhaust gases going back into my engine, and mixing with the hot oily air from the CCV in the meantime.

Gains in performance are probably not measurable, but that's not really the point of doing the mod for most people.

ive done 15 ish?? what will happen if ive not plugged it right?

Not a lot I don't think. It's only a vacuum host to activate the EGR under various circumstances.

I'm fairly sure it'll come on sooner or later. Either that or the bulb thingy's blown, or someone's already disabled the warning light. Dunno.

People do it to stop all the hot oily gasses going back into their engine, so its breathing clean air. Also, the engine light wouldnt have any issues at MOT time, but i rather not have the engine management light on all the time tbh. ASZ can be mapped out, however, BLT it isnt that simple.

Matt