LPG Gas conversion

• 1 month later...

just about to get an lpg conversion done. A brc sequential system-£1500 all in. Anyone have any personal knowledge of this system? I know it's fitted to Toyota and Lexus and is comparable to Prins but it's hard to do a side by side judgement from what I can gleen from tinternet.

My brother has converted 3 of his cars to gas. One being a 1.8T 180bhp Toledo. This was mapped chipped etc to 225bhp, he ran on LPG for over 60k with no issues. His Girlfriend now has a 2.0 Subaru impreza (non turbo) converted and he has just done his Audi S6 2.2 Quattro with 350bhp, again no issues at all..

Juuuuuust get a tdi haha, £1000 for a decent petrol one, £1500 for conversion

for that you can buy a tdi (£1000) decat, custom map, large injectors, weitecs, recaros, catback, 18's, decent rubber, arb upgrades, and a same colour external respray.

and get this mpg below boom, and have more power than the 1.6 anyway, and more torque than most of em

Edited by Lofty79

generally i find it more beneficial when driving to sit at the front of the car when driving 99% of the time I drive forwards. I can see your point if you are driving via remote control, being towed on a skate board.

GO, tdi YEAH

Edited by Lofty79

go sitting in the front and driving YEAH

tends to help tbh :rofl:

i think the reason people tend to put lpg on a 1.8t rather than go for a diesel is the performance, look at what you have to spend to get your car to look/behave like a vrs, wheels, suspension, seats, decat map etc..that will prob cost as much as lpg.

Not quite the answer I was hoping for but as I've a vrs on a 56 plate with 29k on and intend to keep it for sometime I'll just do the conversion and hope I'm not behind a diesel stuck in traffic or a skate boarder with your name on his teeshirt

Snap! I have been on the Egas system for 80k now. When I did the math I factored that the equivalent diesel (1.9tdi elegance 4x4) was at least £1000 more to buy so my conversion had a real cost of only £500 as you can imagine this has been more than recovered over 80k miles :D

One if the biggest reasons to go LPG is that you can opt for a bigger car with small car running costs. Big luxury cars depreciate like mad and are usually well looked after as they are owned by people who can afford them in the first place. This means that you can get a lot of car and run them ALMOST like a smaller car.