YETI - Rear Door protective Foils

Great Yeti

I have been following with interest the threads on Briskoda regarding some members suffering damage to Yeti rear doors through stone chipping etc, and the provision of protective door “Foils†- now a standard fit on all models!, (No doubt brought about by the many comments here on Briskoda) to eradicate the problem.

I finally felt that it was time I protected our YETI! So I called our local dealership and ordered the two Foils at a cost of £34.03 including VAT. When I picked them up, the parts manager kindly printed off a set of fitting instructions and gave me some additional tips on the fitting process. I have reproduced them here as a PDF file so that anyone else who decides that they will do the same, has the benefit of the official Skoda fitting instructions.

I hope they are of help to fellow YETI owners - Stay Safe and Happy Motoring emoticon-0144-nod.gif

THE GREAT YETI

Edited 02/12/2010 with link to new PDF detailing additional fitting tips...........

Edited 18/12/2010 with additional pictures added to the original PDF of the Foils fitted......

Edited by Great Yeti
  • Like 2

I have been following with interest the threads on Briskoda regarding some members suffering damage to Yeti rear doors through stone chipping etc, and the provision of protective door “Foils†- now a standard fit on all models!, (No doubt brought about by the many comments here on Briskoda) to eradicate the problem.

I finally felt that it was time I protected our SM! So I called our local dealership and ordered the two Foils at a cost of £34.03 including VAT. When I picked them up, the parts manager kindly printed off a set of fitting instructions and gave me some additional tips on the fitting process. I have reproduced them here as a PDF file so that anyone else who decides that they will do the same, has the benefit of the official Skoda fitting instructions.

I hope they are of help to fellow SM owners - Stay Safe and Happy Motoring emoticon-0144-nod.gif

THE GREAT YETI

That's really kind of you and will be apprciated. Many thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have updated the original post above with a link to a new PDF with additional fitting tips. The new link is:

It is quite simple to fit the foils. Take your time and they will look good..................

emoticon-0148-yes.gif

THE GREAT YETI

emoticon-0144-nod.gif

EDIT: Additional Pictures added to PDF showing the Foils fitted

Edited by Great Yeti

• 1 year later...

@Great Yeti , many thanks for this guide, I had a small accident that dented the rear left door and needed denting painting with refitting of protective foil, service center was able to get the foil but where not sure if they can get this done there, they advised to get the fitting done from sun film fitting experts, I took the foil and this guide and did it myself, and the job is well done!!

Thanks again for this guide and happy new year.

-Pramod

Edited by Pramods

@Great Yeti , many thanks for this guide, I had a small accident that dented the rear left door and needed denting painting with refitting of protective foil, service center was able to get the foil but where not sure if they can get this done there, they advised to get the fitting done from sun film fitting experts, I took the foil and this guide and did it myself, and the job is well done!!

Thanks again for this guide and happy new year.

-Pramod

नया साल मुबारक हो

Happy New Year to you and your family Pramods - Glad the guide helped..........Tony

• 1 month later...

Hi, Skoda make a Off Road Wheel Arch kit part number 5L0071069, price £204.50

That is a black cover for all 4 wheel arches.

The items being discussed here are clear plastic stick-on foils that cover the trailing edge of the lower part of the rear doors.

There are diagrams here:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B_PHfAZM-GYCYmM3OGJjMTQtZGQyNC00YWM1LWJhNjctZWQxNjQ3YTc0NTEz&hl=en_GB

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Ahh I see. Sorry Robin. Sounds like just what I'm after.

How bad would you say chips are? Would they be more cosmetic than anything which could lead to further problems?

I think I could live with the chips if they're just cosmetic and rather try and knock the price down a bit.

I think this ^ should have been a PM?

It's 5 year old vehicle, some chipping is inevitable. Only you can decide by viewing the vehicle yourself?

Pointless fitting foils over already chipped paint IMHO.

If it's badly chipped it'll be worth speaking to Skoda dealer to see if they will arrange a tespray and fit the foils FOC.

Check the doors very carefully for any signs of rust spots / zinc inclusions. That should seal a deal on a respray.

• 4 years later...

UPDATE 17th Feb 2020

Well it's almost 10 years on from my original post and just become aware that the previous Link has stopped working for some reason, no idea why!

Anyway it seems like people are still trying to access the original PDF, so I thought it best to provide a working Link.......  LINK

Sorry if the failure of the original Link caused anyone any problems! Hopefully this one will continue to work for as long as it's needed!

Stay safe and happy (Yeti) motoring!.........Tony

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 year later...

Just re-visiting this topic as my lovely lady had a close encounter with our garage wall and the rear n/s door foil is damaged. 

Sadly Tony the link you kindly posted 19 months ago doesn't work.  It would be very kind of you if you could reinstate it please.  Hope you are keeping well.

• Like 1

HI Grajay - long time, no see :happy:. Keeping well?....Mmm🤔 Can't grumble, not too bad. Old age and all that.

Thanks for the heads-up regarding the defective link! Probably due to recent update to Google Sites where the original document was kept. I now need to check several other links to other projects to see if they have been affected also. Time permitting I will update any defective ones that I find. Still a good number of them are reviewed or downloaded so they must be of some use to someone. The "Foils" one was the very first of those that I did. Thanks again for the heads-up 👍

To save time and try and make it easy, I have attached the original PDF copy of the instructions for you here. Hope it helps! As I remember, it was pretty easy to do especially if you spray or wet down the surface(s) with water with a very small amount of wash-up liquid in it.

Best regards - Stay safe.....Tony

SKODA YETI - Fitting Door Foils.pdf

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Everyone. A quick update to this somewhat rather ancient thread…..

Recently some members have contacted me to let me know that some of the links to PDF Guides that I did some time ago for the Škoda (Technical) Guides section have stopped working! It would appear that Google Sites, where the original guides were saved for viewing online, last year changed the way it operates, and that some of the links to the PDF guides are no longer operative. It’s all a bit haphazard as about 50% still work, but the remainder don’t. So if this has caused you any inconvenience I do sincerely apologise.

Things change and as time has passed, some of the information may seem a little dated. However, so are our vehicles, but some of the information is still relevant and may help others. I think the best way forward for these to be enabled for viewing is to upload the relevant files directly to Briskoda, where I am sure they will be safe for future reference. So here, attached to this post, is the PDF Guide that this thread refers to. Should you come across any others (of mine) please let me know and I will do my best to update them.

Hope this helps………..Stay safe & happy motoring………Tony

PDF File Attached:

ŠKODA YETI - Fitting Door Foils

ŠKODA YETI - Fitting Door Foils.pdf