Some sort of engine mount help

javi20xe

I am sure I have read the fabia vrs come with a really weak/perishable engine mount or something?? Can someone tell me which it is?

Symptoms; if the car is revs at a standstill with the bonnet open, the engine looks movemnt is massive, it literally looks like it is about to pull itself outa the car.

On full throttle there is an almost 'throbbing' feel, instead of the steady increase through the revs it has the same throbbing as say a Subaru impreza. It is not an exhaust note please note. I am sure anyone who has had this problem knows what I mean.

If someone could reccomend the mount, wishbone w/e to replace please say :) preferably uprated if you know what I need, may aswell if it's getting replaced

probably the dogbone mount, i had the same you can literally push the engine back and forward with your hands, either the vibratechnics mount but this is abit hardcore vibration wise, or superpro do a replacement bush which is what ive got, still got a noticeable vibration on idle but i can live with it and you forget about it after a while does settle after a few miles, a well worthwhile mod for the cost, gear changes are better too

Edited by TrevorB33

probably the gearbox mount, i had the same you can literally push the engine back and forward with your hands, either the vibratechnics mount but this is abit hardcore vibration wise, or superpro do a replacement bush which is what ive got, still got a noticeable vibration on idle but i can live with it and you forget about it after a while does settle after a few miles, a well worthwhile mod for the cost, gear changes are better too

Did yours have a throbbing to it on full throttle if you see what i mean? Like a knocking, can only describe it to sounding like a car that has the big ends going.

Can you link to these anyway, i will buy one either way :D

Yea must be gearbox mount then . . It has the same symptoms as my mates b16 civic when this happened.

Trevor you have been a fantastic help :) so the one you have if the one you link me to yea? And did you fit it yourself or get a garage to do it? If so how many hours charged?

yep the fast road one brought from awesome too, fitted myself you need a press idealy to get the old bush out, which luckily i have access too, didnt even have to jack the car up to get the mount out on standard suspension lol, i believe a company was doing an exchange deal on these i.e already fitting it in a mount and then you sending your old one back to them, just as easy to buy a second hand mount then you can play with getting the old bush out then you dont have to rush, thats what i did, believe someones selling one at the min in for sale section

I'd check the dog bone before heading to the gear box mount myself.. Unless by gearbox mount you all mean the dog bone?

Dog bone mount allows tons of movement if it's really gone... If the gear box mount is the one under the battery then not sure how much movement this allows? Apparently it makes a creaky noise if it goes?

Dog bone mount? Any info or where to buy these? Symptoms? No squeaking noises from mine, you can just feel the engine throbbing through the car, also does it on standstill.

I am sure there was a thread about perisable dogbone mounts as standard/fitting yourself.. Any link to this?

Ohh so the dogbone mount is the gearbox mount and lower engine mount (superpro's item)

well I don't have a press but will just ask my mate at the garage my work use.

Any thing else you can reccomend guys? Think I may be about covered though, oh and Trevor to get to the item did you have to remove the arch liner and wheel I am guessing? Sorry trying to make everything as straight forward as I can for myself if I decide to give it ago

sorry i did mean the dogbone mount i think ive confused everyone with my wording lol gearbox mount is under the airbox that should be fine, the dogbone is easy peasy to chnage dont have to take anything off to access it, think there was three or 4 bolts holding it in thats it, might want to put the car on a ramp or jack it up to make it easier accessing it,

Image0202.jpg

thats the badboy after i pressed the new bush in

• Like 1

I've found the fitting thread and it is very straight forward. Thanks alot trevor :) will be ordering tomo and get it fitted up asap :) can't wait as it was getting quite irritating!

Hi and I am having the same problem as you and I'll need to get one of these.

See my thread here :

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/181230-noise-from-gearbox/

Appreciate very much if you point me to the fitting thread.

Cheers.

ps - Thanks Trevor for your reply to the thread I started too.

• Like 1

sorry i did mean the dogbone mount i think ive confused everyone with my wording lol gearbox mount is under the airbox that should be fine, the dogbone is easy peasy to chnage dont have to take anything off to access it, think there was three or 4 bolts holding it in thats it, might want to put the car on a ramp or jack it up to make it easier accessing it,

Image0202.jpg

thats the badboy after i pressed the new bush in

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for the input . . . .

Did you also change the smaller bush at the other end of this mount ?

Or is it necessary to change it ?

At the Awesome site, there is only the bigger bush.

Thanks.

Guest BigJase88

i have just removed all the uprated Vibrateknics mounts from my golf

the two ones in the engine bay and the dogbone mount

i can honestly say its the best mod i've ever done :)

NOT needed on a slow diesel whatsoever and makes naff all difference