Battery..........dieing

i have noticed over past week or so the car becoming harder to start on a morning.

got in today and -8 degs outside.

took 2 attempts to start and she came to life......however now the airbag light is on.

am i right in assuming that when battery dies the airbag light is illuminated ??

mine died yesterday at the shops,and this morning,batterys been on charge allday so fingers crossed,nothing worse than a flat battery in this bas*ard weather. :thumbdown:

Edited by phillyctr

mine died yesterday at the shops,and this morning,batterys been on charge allday so fingers crossed,nothing than a flat battery in this bas*ard weather. :thumbdown:

i hope mine is just battery. it has been taking more effort to start. only slight but i know my car has been better.

did your airbag light end up stuck on too?

i hope mine is just battery. it has been taking more effort to start. only slight but i know my car has been better.

did your airbag light end up stuck on too?

no airbag light,defo my battery i left it standing for 2 days,cant see why a failing battery would cause the airbag light on,have you had it on vagcom?

no airbag light,defo my battery i left it standing for 2 days,cant see why a failing battery would cause the airbag light on,have you had it on vagcom?

not yet. will get it scanned ASAP. new battery on anyway

Your car will be harder to start in extreme temperatures.

Mine turns over for longer and sounds a little rougher for a few seconds, -9 yesterday and -10 this morning.

Doesn't explain the airbag light though...

Your car will be harder to start in extreme temperatures.

Mine turns over for longer and sounds a little rougher for a few seconds, -9 yesterday and -10 this morning.

Doesn't explain the airbag light though...

air bag light sorted thanks to my very good mate Jon !

now the reverse sensors are playing up

FFS !

:S

If it was a side airbag it could be the underseat connectors, there was a TSB for them a few years back where they need to be replaced with a revised version.

At such low temperatures a diesel will not want to start so the odd cough and splutter is to be expected. If the battery is tired there won't be as much oomph in the glow plugs.

If it was a side airbag it could be the underseat connectors, there was a TSB for them a few years back where they need to be replaced with a revised version.

At such low temperatures a diesel will not want to start so the odd cough and splutter is to be expected. If the battery is tired there won't be as much oomph in the glow plugs.

spot on this morning

just need to sort reverse sensors now