Want to ask dealer to do a couple of mods

Hi all, when my car goes in (again!), I'd like to ask them to activate the corner fogs and setup the fogs to come on when leaving/coming home. What do I need to tell them code wise? Thanks.

My experience: they won't know what you're talking about, let alone be able to do it for you.

I had my cornering fogs enabled by a friendly briskoda member who is local to me and has the vcds software - suggest this approach is going to be more effective than a dealer.

Not aware of the other thing you mention? I have "coming/leaving home" lights but these are the xenon/ dipped beam and enabled via maxidot - not aware of an ability to change this to be the fogs?

More to the point, why would you need your fogs to switch on every time you lock/unlock the car? You would have to switch them off again before driving unless its foggy. Or id be there with a £30 ticket:giggle:

I have always been skeptical about cornering lights from driving a car with them on and them not really helping much. I drive down dark country lanes and they didn't give out more than a few feet of light, which by the time you have seen a pot hole is too late. I have no problems with normal lights and reading the road ahead. I think cornering lights are a bit gimmicky but each to their own.

Matt

More to the point, why would you need your fogs to switch on every time you lock/unlock the car? You would have to switch them off again before driving unless its foggy. Or id be there with a £30 ticket.

Fog lights instead of headlights.

The coming/leaving home function turns on/off the lights automatically to illuminate your driveway.

Xenon's do not like to be switched on and off repeatedly so some have questioned if it is possible to use the halogen fog lights instead, which I understand from another thread is possible.

So, no you wouldn't need to manually turn off your fog lights and therefore no worry of breaking any laws.

I have fog lights as CH/LH and I did it with VCDS. You do not have to switch them on or off once in the car as the light switch has to be on Auto. It is much better then having Xenons on and off.

Cornering Fogs are also very good if you drive through twisty or slow roads with slow turns. Really gives a better side voew as you turn the steering wheel.

Do them both but as suggested try to find a local VCDS member to your location as the dealer will probably either not bother or charge you and play stupid.

My cornering fogs came as standard, but you can see the video here:

it's a few clicks away from fog CH/LH.

There are a few more videos about VCDS in Skoda, and a big thanks to our fellow member "alberg" for those videos :)

Edited by CEPi