Bad week for the Furby

saint1d

First the fuse went for the front wipers, changed that no probs.

The rear wiper jet stopped working, guessed it was probably a hose connection that had gone, but with the very cold weather I had hoped in vain that it was just frozen solid.

This morning I went to start the car and it was dead, the dash lcd dsplay was looking wierd, but I had my radio working, lights, etc. Well I say they were working, but that lasted for less than a minute! Turns out my battery was gone so best part of £80 was spent on a new one, unfortuntaley for me I needed to buy a new rachet set to get that bloody bolt off that secures the battery, so another £20 quid was needed.

Once I changed the battery, and whilst I had the bonnet up, I got the Mrs to keep an eye on the engine bay while I tried the rear water jet. Needless to say it started ****ing out from the bulkhead area. Was quite pleased with how easy it was to sort out.

Quite happy that I have the new battery, have noticed that the coil light on the dash goes out a lot quicker. Also the car feels a tad more perky, can a battery affect perfomance, or is it my imagination? Tbh today is the 1st day for a couple of weeks that I've been able to get my foot down, so maybe that's all is.

Fingers crossed that's it for problems with it for a while.

unfortuntaley for me I needed to buy a new rachet set to get that bloody bolt off that secures the battery, so another £20 quid was needed.

Ah, the 'IMPOSSIBOLT'... Been there, done that! :rofl:

As it happens, I managed to drop the bolt for my wife's somewhere into the bowels of the engine bay, and the only bolt I had that was the same size (M8, I think - maybe M10) was about 4" long. Lots of ratcheting required, but sooooo much easier to get in the right place to start with! :p

TBH it's no more than be expected in the winter, really cold spells are a nightmare for any type of battery - especially ones that live outside all their life.

The rear washer pipe probably popped off due to the rear nozzle freezing - the water HAS to go somewhere.

As for the front wipers they were probably just stuck to the screen (frozen) it's always a good idea to lift the wipers off the screen before you get into the car just to make sure they have not stuck. Likewise using the wipers to clear loads of snow off the screen is always asking for trouble.

dont get me wrong, all these minor issues were nothing more than an irritation. Glad the battery went on the drive at home rather than finishing work at midnight and having it happen then. Leaky pipe was a nice easy fix. The wipers is the odd one, there was no ice on the windscreen and they were working fine until I dropped my son off at school and got back into the car 5 mins later. Anyway nevermind, as I said in the title, it could have been worse.