A salesman who wanted to sell

We hear so many stories of car salespeople who don't seem to want a sale (in fairness, not many from Skoda dealers), so here's a heartening story of a team who did.

My Octavia (April '09) was in for its 20,000 mile service at Jewsons of Oxford, who had supplied it new. While it was there, unbeknown to me, Sam the salesman and Paul the business manager valued it and prepared a PCP quote for a new identical model (vRS diesel manual) for £80 less per month than I'm paying now.

When I came back with the loan car to collect mine, it was a pleasant surprise - eighty pounds a month less. Although I was intending to keep this one for the full three years, it's a no-brainer - they get a sale and I get a new car sometime next year. I'm going for a vRS petrol with DSG this time, much the same price as a diesel manual.

Part of the reason for the good deal is that Skoda have extended their offer to pay the equivalent of the VAT on new cars ordered before 31 December - it used to be 'delivered before 31 December'.

Opportunism - yes, but that's what sales staff are paid for. Nice one, Jewsons.

Bargain :thumbup:

I'd consider something similar if I hadn't 'played around' with mine as much as I have - I'm looking forward to having £0 per month to pay on mine for a while now before thinking of changing it :)