What engine? Twin exhaust 3series BMW

mikejay

which engine comes with the twin exaust? was behind a de-badged 3 series before and it shifted! it just looked like a regular 3 series saloon.

lol defo wernt an m3. i could keep up with it of a fashion but could tell it was slowly pullin away. was behind it going down slip road onto motor way, kept about 2 cars length behind all the way to motorway speeds but he was slowly pulling away so i left it at that. lol

lol defo wernt an m3. i could keep up with it of a fashion but could tell it was slowly pullin away. was behind it going down slip road onto motor way, kept about 2 cars length behind all the way to motorway speeds but he was slowly pulling away so i left it at that. lol

Its always nice to give them a shock. I love seeing peoples faces when an old Skoda comes flying past :giggle: or they don't leave you for dust :yes:

which engine comes with the twin exaust? was behind a de-badged 3 series before and it shifted! it just looked like a regular 3 series saloon.

Any 6cyl 3-series has twin exhausts...335i & 335d have one pipe on the left, one on the right, all other 6cyl models have the twin exhaust on the passenger side.

Guest westallc

the difference is the furby driver thought he was racing where as the bmw driver was just pulling onto the motorway slowly lol

a 335d would eat a furby alive modded or not lol without even trying

but be honest... A LOT of cars would leave any remapped furby... if anythin the bmw would have been a lower model due to not pulling away quicker, unless it was just cruising.

I wouldnt say that, these 0-60`s

318i (127bhp) 9.7sec

318i (140bhp) 8.8sec

320i (170bhp) 7.9 sec

325i (214 bhp) 6.8 sec

316d (114bhp) 10.6

318d (120bhp) 10.3

318d (140bhp) 9.0

320d (160bhp) 8.0

320d (174bhp) 7.4

Compare those to say a ibiza cupra with 160bhp, similar to fabia with a sensible remap, 0-60 of 7.4 seconds. Not by any means saying the fabia is particularly fast, even remapped, nor is it ever going to keep near a 325/330/c270 etc etc, however, what you said is the exact reason why i bought, and love driving my fabia, It gets disregarded very quickly.

matt

Edited by matt1chelski

Well they drive out of a BMW dealership, and have it on the bonnet, these are the "lower models" you were referring to no? :smirk:

If I were buying a BMW, then i`d be looking at a quicker one, or a "proper" one as you put it, because i`m a petrol head, and like a bit (ok a lot) of power/speed. BUT, these models are the ones people buy because "its a bmw" and better than all the other cars. Exactly the people who get upset when a skoda especially a diesel one, come past them :rofl:

I was just saying that because its just a "remapped fabia" doesnt mean any old **** box BM will **** all over it.

Matt