Boot opening by itself when....

Chris182

Tried my wifes key, the boot seems to have a mind of it's on. Seems to happen most often when I start the car pop boot opens.

Problem might go away by itself but it's annoying, no fuse I can remove for it lol my answer for most things if it doesn't work properly remove the fuse

Are you sure the keys are causing the problem - might it just be that the boot's not latching quite properly and vibration is setting it off? Thereagain it would be popping open when you drive along in that case...

Edited by DRJ

Tried both keys, at first it started when I opened all the doors then it happened when I pulled the leaver to open petrol cap ( yes the boot opened ) now everytime I start the car the boot opens and my warning lights shows up - boot is closed properly it's a bit odd it just started today nothing unusual has happened unless I've been possessed

We had the opposite extreme, the boot falling by itself. It once fell on the neck of a person cleaning it! This was not long after I bought it. It has since had the parts replaced and now its perfect opening and shutting. Sorry to hear about your grief.

Have the keys got wet recently?

After an extremely wet day on the hills, my keys got wet and some strange things happened locking and unlocking the Fabia for a while. It all sorted itself out again once the keys were dry.

Other than that replace the battery in the keys as a first port of call. If that doesn't work.........

... then it happened when I pulled the leaver to open petrol cap ( yes the boot opened )

This is a completely mechanical action, the lever by the seat actuating a cable which pulls the latch back. The keys and the central locking are not at all relevant here - unless you accidentally pressed the key at exactly the same moment! Hence my suggestion that it's something to do with the lock mechanism not closing properly...

It must have a fluke it opened when I opened petrol cap, tried both keys so it won't be due to them being wet.

Today even once the boot closed it opened again by itself 3 times kept having to close it then I could drive off

It must have a fluke it opened when I opened petrol cap, tried both keys so it won't be due to them being wet.

Today even once the boot closed it opened again by itself 3 times kept having to close it then I could drive off

Mine had the opposite problem and the boot wouldnt open - what i founf was a water leak from the wash/wipe had leaked into the wiring loom and 2 connectors had corroded so badly that the connection was always closed - even if I used the boot latch or the keyfob. just cut off the connector - resoldered it and wrapped it in insulating tape. Never had the same problem since - maybe worth a look?