4 new tyres required-- ouch....

Seeing as i've been having uneven wear issues recently on the front of my car, i've had the front shocks and top mounts changed. And as a result of my insurance renewal, and the timing belt going on there too. I had to look at spending a little less on tyres. I was going to go back to the BF Goodrich tyres, although i wasn't completely bought by them. They weren't that bad, they just left the steering a little light and vague through fast bends.

I decided to fit some Enduro 916+ at £52.40 + VAT Each, and given the terrible road conditions im throughly impressed with the performance of them. They seem to hold the road quite well for the price.

Although the original plan was to buy the cheap tyres as to not waste money, for if the replacement suspension components and tracking didnt sort the issue of excessive tyre wear.

The Goodyear Excellence did not win the EVO 2007 tyre test it was the Goodyear F1 Assymetric, a totally different tyre.

The Excellence was one of two standard tyres fitted to Focus ST and the general consensus was that they were cr*p. The F1 Assymetric was totally the opposite, brilliant in wet or dry and wore well. They are a bit more expensive but worth it

Thanks; sorry to give out 'duff gen'. My post corrected.

Have a word with Britannia Tyres (opposite B&Q) before you use a direct company. They stock Michelin, Bridgestone, Uniroyal, Avons (to name a few) and have always offered me a competitive fully fitted price.

They recently put a couple of 225/40/18 Rainsport 2's on the front of mine for £109 each fully fitted. FYI they quoted me £135 each for Michelins.

The Rainsports are good, but you do notice more road noise - probably due to the aggressiveness of the the tread pattern, they look like they'll eat you alive!!!

Edited by SWyPER