Anyone else's washer jets completely given up?

The arm of one of my headlight washer jets as frozen open.Not sure whats caused it but i'm having the same problem as stated with my windscreen jets not working.

This is same with my car,i hadn't used the car for a week ,so you can imagine with cold and snow the car was frozen solid with a week of snow on it.passenger headlight washer was stuck open,I left the engine on whilst demisting/melting the ice off the windows,sprayed some de ice on headlight washer window wipers etc,then mixed some anti freeze with water tipped it in my washer bottle,(some idiot had left the screen wash outside :doh: )a few squirts soon had the jets free and spraying.headlight washer slid back in...Sorted ;)

You can also add meths to stop it freezing, maybe cheaper than vodka here.

Can you get Ethyl Alcohol (Ethanol without the colour and methanol) in this country?

A bit of that added would keep things free.

Edited by Aspman

On SWMBO car and mine we've had the wiper blades freezing up to a state of rigid uselessness but the jets were still clear.

The Lidl stuff does seem to be excellent but is not regularly stocked. Topped my CarPlan -5C stuff up with 25% Lidl and has survived -11C.

Edited by gregoir