Mysterious prototype Skoda

The Plumber

A little roadster would be nice. I remember there was some talk of a VW MX-5 competitor a while ago, so if that is the case a Skoda, Audi and Seat version would be on the cards. Whatever it is, i doubt they will use the Felicia, Favorit name again.

I don't see why not - after all, the Felicia was the soft-top version of the Octavia! ;)

It'd be great if Skoda brought out a sporty coupe (Scirocco styling maybe, but actually nice looking) or a coupe convertible because my mum would replace her C4 Coupe with one and I want us to be an all Skoda family! Got my dad on board, just need my mum in the Skoda club! (she does like driving the Octy though!)

A fabia replacement already? The VRS has only just come out. I hpe they dont let VW force them into making something ugly. The new polo is gorgeous but i would love to see skoda beat it.

• 2 weeks later...

just been reading up about the bigfoot7 seat suv, looks like a winner to me and i like the idea of a twin turbo diesel, im also looking forward to a skoda mpv, after seeing the new seat and vw 7 seater alhambra and sharan, i was hoping for a re-badged version, boy i must be getting old.

Edited by mark kelsall

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think we will see something similar as skoda has more sales momentum these days than seat, and must be catching up to VW itself. Skoda most importantly need a golf style car. I know the octavia is a golf but the general public dont see it as a golf or even a hatchback. They see it as a saloon car used as a taxi. We need a proper hatchback.

Has it been completely discounted or is it just a case of "no firm plans at the moment"?

Not for now at least. Autoexpress says before the end of the year, when the only thing launching this year is the new small family NSF.

2012 will see the launch of the A-Entry, which looks identical to the Vision-D but in saloon form. A Vision-D styled hatch will follow 6 months to one year later. This model sits between Fabia and Octavia. It will look even better than the current Octavia, which would be a problem if the new Octavia (2013) wasn't so Godly looking! :)

Not for now at least. Autoexpress says before the end of the year, when the only thing launching this year is the new small family NSF.

2012 will see the launch of the A-Entry, which looks identical to the Vision-D but in saloon form. A Vision-D styled hatch will follow 6 months to one year later. This model sits between Fabia and Octavia. It will look even better than the current Octavia, which would be a problem if the new Octavia (2013) wasn't so Godly looking! :)

All sounds good. I am expecting big things from the new designer guy!

I imagine the car that Autoexpress were talking about then is the Vision-D hatch. Hopefully that will look like the Geneva show car.