Who's waited the longest?

I'm still having doubt about buying one.

I would go for a Skoda New Octavia, 1.9TDI (the 2.0 is not affordable in belgium, taxes are sky-high starting from 2.0). Belgium is a dieselcountry, always has been. (but it might be changing soon!), so a dieselfueled car is a must !

I would go for the Ambiente, with a radio/CD player integrated in the dashboard, grey-metallic colour, and (maybe, if it's necessary) a wiper in the back, no more options.

The ontopic part : the dealer told me that he could deliver that car in 3-4 weeks :-)

The offtopic part : I'm still having doubts, because for the same amount of money, I can buy a Toyota Corolla 5 doors, with 5 years of warranty, FULL OPTION. The only "downside" on that, is that I have only a 1.4 diesel engine, which, at first sight, could be measured a bit light for that car. On the other hand : I went driving it, it has 90hp & 200 Newton (koppel, as we say in dutch ;) ), and it was v

Magnum,

I was looking at buying a Toyota Avensis before I settled for the Octavia instead. I tried the Corolla too. I thought the Corolla's interior looked a lot cheaper than the Octavia's (much smaller too). I ordered a 1.6 Ambiente on Jan 17th and am still waiting.

OK' date=' I placed my order on the 8th October and i've just had delivery confirmed as the 2nd Feb. Which is 17 weeks (assuming it arrives)

Anyone else waited longer?[/quote']

When I ordered my Octavia Elegance 2.0 TDI with DSG gearbox on 29 June, I was given an estimated delivery date of mid-December. The date was put back and back, and I eventually collected it from the dealer on 7 February. I make that 32 weeks all but a day!

When I ordered my Octavia Elegance 2.0 TDI with DSG gearbox on 29 June, I was given an estimated delivery date of mid-December. The date was put back and back, and I eventually collected it from the dealer on 7 February. I make that 32 weeks all but a day!

:eek: 32 WEEKS :eek: I'm having to wait 3 weeks (1 down, 2 to go :D ) and thats bad enough.

Well' date=' it's finally arrived. It looks lovely, goes very well and smells like only a new car can.

Audience hi-fi

Speaker upgrade

[/quote']

Nice spec - how does the audience + speakers sound - I ordered them for my octy ii estate back in Jan - worth the cash ?

I know the audience has an inbuilt cd changer abd plays mp3s - do you know if its possible to add another input (external changer / mp3 player) as well ?

What's it like - are you pleased? I drove a 2.0 manual and a 1.9 DSG before ordering a 2.0 DSG, so I'd be really interested in your impressions of it.

Just had build confirmed as week 8 (end of Feb), so the dealer's hoping to get the car 3rd week in March. That'll be 14 weeks if it comes off - a long wait for a normal car, but a short wait for an Octavia!

What's it like - are you pleased? I drove a 2.0 manual and a 1.9 DSG before ordering a 2.0 DSG, so I'd be really interested in your impressions of it.

Patrick,

I've only had it a week and done just 250 miles but first impressions are very positive. It's very well built and is a great car to drive. The DSG gearbox is so smooth. And compared with my previous car, a 2.0 litre petrol Nissan Primera, it is amazingly fast. I am sure there will be some negatives, but as yet I haven't found them. I lie! I have the Elegance which has windscreen wipers with the rain sensor. This morning the windscreen wipers started with no sign of rain, just brilliant sunshine!

Colin

Patrick' date='

I've only had it a week and done just 250 miles but first impressions are very positive. It's very well built and is a great car to drive. The DSG gearbox is so smooth. And compared with my previous car, a 2.0 litre petrol Nissan Primera, it is amazingly fast. I am sure there will be some negatives, but as yet I haven't found them. I lie! I have the Elegance which has windscreen wipers with the rain sensor. This morning the windscreen wipers started with no sign of rain, just brilliant sunshine!

Colin[/quote']

I've got the rain sensors on my Superb too. Most of the time they're great, but they do have moments when it rains and nothing happens, or they're wiping like mad with no rain.......

Can't wait till the end of March :cool:

I've got the rain sensors on my Superb too. Most of the time they're great' date=' but they do have moments when it rains and nothing happens, or they're wiping like mad with no rain.......

Can't wait till the end of March :cool:[/quote']

Must be a design feature.

On the other hand I was pleasantly surprised when following driving through a puddle and getting the screen sprayed the wipers immediately did a couple of wipes to clear the screen.

The audience and Speaker upgrade does sound very good.... I've got to put a frequency sweep on them though as i'm convinced there's some clipping around the midrange. The Mp3 player is very good and quite intuative. Could do with displaying the track details automatically though rather than a 2 button sequence to get to the ID3 tag.

I'll be collecting my 1.6 ambiente (no extras) this friday.

Ordered it January 17th.

Just under 5 weeks.

Now all I have to do is try to remain as calm as possible between now and friday morning. :)

I've still got ten days to go, these are the longest days ever. (DO owners of other makes get this crazy???) :D

The audience and Speaker upgrade does sound very good.... I've got to put a frequency sweep on them though as i'm convinced there's some clipping around the midrange. The Mp3 player is very good and quite intuative. Could do with displaying the track details automatically though rather than a 2 button sequence to get to the ID3 tag.

Excellent - thanks.

One thing - Can you tell me what to look for to check that the speaker upgrade has actually been done - the dealers handwriting on the order form isnt the best and I've a nasty suspicious mind - I want to make sure that when I pick up the car that Ive not ended up paying for and extra thats not been fitted - after all mistakes do happen. :eek:

Same question re curtain airbags & ESP

Cheers

D