Automatic rear wipe

On my first Octavia if I selected reverse while the front wipers were switched on, the rear wiper automatically gave a wipe too. The only time it got a bit confused was if I had failed to turn off the wipers from the previous journey. Then if I turned the wipers off and back on the auto rear wipe worked perfectly.

My new FL Octavia defies all logic. Many times I start up, switch on the front wipers, select reverse - no rear wipe! Other times I use the windscreen wash, wipers off, select reverse and the rear wipe operates smearing the back window and then because the rear wash never works I have to get out and clean it!

Do I have a fault or do they all do this?

Just a thought! That annoying extra wipe after using the washers is disabled. Could it be that the wipers are still semi active after using the washers so when selecting reverse the control unit thinks "wipers are on so wipe the back"?

Also confused with the system.

This morning I washed the screen and then turned the wipers off. The rear wipe came on when I reversed. I'm positive the wipers were not left on auto.

On my pre-FL model the wiper control must be in the auto mode (i.e. they work automatically when it rains) for the rear wiper to operate when selecting reverse.

Mac

My pre FL was the same but it worked with the wipers in any of the 3 on positions

Also confused with the system.

This morning I washed the screen and then turned the wipers off. The rear wipe came on when I reversed. I'm positive the wipers were not left on auto.

YES!! Exactly what mine does!

Edited by eccleshill

Gregoir: Also confused with the system.

Same on my car (since new). The function was finally disabled at the local Skoda garage. The technician fumbled a lot, and in the process he managed to disable a lot of other functions. But after a new visit at the garage these issues were also fixed.

They had never connected their diagnostic computer to a Skoda with a Golf 6 control unit before.