Rimfest !

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Has anyone successfully fitted and 5x100 8"x19" ET40 215/40 or 215/35 to a Mk1 Octavia VRS whilst running standard suspension. The plan might be to do coil overs later when funds permit, but for now i am wondering if the wheels will go on with std suspension and if they do, whether there are likely to be any clearance issues.

any advice would be gratefully received.

thanks

I had 5x100 8.5 x 19 with 235 35 19s they sat slightly outside the arch on the edge but bot far enough to be an issue for mot according to 4 different testers. pics are on a page or 2 back in this thread. only clearance issues on standard suspension is with a boot full and 2 grown passangers in the back. then will scrape on full throttle over bumps slightly but have never damaged the tyres. these are currently for sale aswell.

Hello

Im looking to purchase a octavia vrs and may have it by the end of the month. Will I have any issues putting on 16x8 th monos et25 5x100 I had them on my previous mk2 golf and think they would look smart on a octavia

Cheers

The 16s will clear because that's the brakes I had on my mk2 golf it was more the width I was worried about

Early vrs's and the vrs estate came with 16's so your ok there it's the et that may cause you problems. Have to try one and see how you go :thumbup:

Here's a couple of pics on of mine from today on its winter wheels,thought i'd get a couple of pics and put them up as they are getting sold to a friend next week,there fox rs5 8x19 with 215/35/19 tyres,only selling them cos i've gone off 19's now as they don't allow me to run the ride height i want without a lot of scrubbing when turning so i've bought some temporary winter 18's to use until i can find some better one's

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0086-1.jpg

A lot of people don't like them lee so your not alone and i've never liked how they sit as i always wanted them to sit further under and poke through a bumper extension but not a body kit type one,just wanted a grey plastic type one like passats,golfs etc have but have never found anything that fits right so just lived with it

I don't have a cut out on mine, it was plastic welded and filled that's why they sit underneath and wasn't bothered by them hanging there as the intention was for a bumper extension as the rear bumper always seems rediculously high compared to the front but never found anything that fit right :(

I don't have a cut out on mine, it was plastic welded and filled that's why they sit underneath and wasn't bothered by them hanging there as the intention was for a bumper extension as the rear bumper always seems rediculously high compared to the front but never found anything that fit right :(

On me phone and it didn't bring the pic up of the rear. Get em hidden lol :thumbup:

mine on temporary winters as the white 5 spokes have gone to Ea new home

DSC_0050-1.jpg

there 8x18 et 35 tsw catalunya with 215/35/18 front and 225/40/18 rears and are just to keep me mobile for a while until i get my other recent purchase refurbed

DSC_0053y.jpg

there 8x18 porsche cayenne rims that i'm going to use for winters but not sure if i'll like them on yet, but i'll give them a whirl and if i'm not keen i'll sell them on and try something else :rofl:

Edited by dsmithmobile
  • Like 1