battery

sike1963

hi stupid i no but just went to get the battery of me superb coz its flat and thought ill charge it ive taken every thing of + - cables and the bolt at the bottom anything else as it seem it dont want to come out its not stuck as such just dont seem to be enough room to get it out told u it sounds stupid

Take a look at this "weird little biscuit" post

Fixing Passat Leak

They do come out but they are a very tight fit

Whilst you are in there do yourself a favour and do the plenum grommets as detailed in my blog :thumbup:

Superb MKI water ingress cure

dude your a star mate thanks for that will have another go in the morning also have a look at the drain holes have a good one cheers

If you want to charge the battery, just use the socket in the boot.

Remove the bungs and replace the pollen filter housing outer seal with mastic strip - without fail.

rotodiesel.

dont understand mate need to get the battery in doors to charge it

• 3 weeks later...

dont understand mate need to get the battery in doors to charge it

The battery has a securing bracket on the bottom. Will need a socket (maybe size 13 from memory) and a 6 inch extension bar to get to it, unwind the bolt, remove. Then battery cam come out. It's tight. Be careful on removing. It is far away, and heavy, and will load up your back!! Do some warm up exercises before you start. :rofl:

The trick is to pull the loom off in front of it, the thick black rubber one, it's a case of grasping it and pulling it until the clips can clear the bulkheard ridge they clasp to, then from the passenger side you slide the battery a bit and tilt it up at the same time, some wiggling later it comes out, be careful it becomes very heavy due to the position you have to get it from, you don't get to use your full body strength, hth.

Get someone to massage your back afterwards.....i replaced the battery on my old superb a while back and you have to remain calm and like supurbia says....remove the loom and drag the fing out.....it will ...eventually !!