Cracked windscreen...

bilun777

Harvey had a stone hit his windscreen today, from one of the many pot holes that have now appeared after the snow has finally cleared. I thought we might get away with one of those advertised repairs.Then while waiting at the traffic lights another sharp report was heard and an 8" crack ran down to the passengers bottom left corner of the screen....Has anyon

e had a windscreen replaced yet ? Did you have to wait long? :S

Had a badly chipped windscreen on my Yeti replaced a couple of months ago. Replaced by Autoglass three days later - would have been next day but not in stock. Made a good job of it with all mess cleared away.

If replacement heated windscreens are so readily availalble, then presumably my dealer is telling me porkies if he says that my heated windscreen option is one of the factors delaying build of my SM because of lack of components?

• 3 months later...

O.K.......Harvey had his new screen fitted this morning.

I phoned the insurers yesterday and it's all complete in less than 24 hours.

National Windscreens had the old screen out in 5 minutes and everything finished in 20.

Wow! I'm very impressed.:yes:

I wasn't too impressed when I had to call Them back an hour later.

The rear view mirror was loose on the screen.

It turns out that the black plastic ring attached to the windscreen was coming away from the screen."Never known that happen before",said the fitter.

The ring was refitted using some of their "super glue",and everything is O.K.now.

" If you ever want to remove it again,you'll have to break the glass",was his reply.

I'm impressed again.....:)

Plenty of screens been replaced on here..... And alas mine was one. And only noticed yesterday it is LEAKING!!!!!!! There are very clear watermarks running from the top right corner down the white A-pillar.... GRRRRRRRRRRRRR