Maxidot

Hi All

I have been reading a bit about all the stuff you can do with maxidot but don't know if we have it on our car.

It is a 2010 Octy VRS FL.

There is a lcd display in front of the driver and when the doors are open there is a picture of the car displayed showing the doors open (this was mentioned in another thread as being proof of maxidot).

Is there a way to tell if we have maxidot installed or how do we tell what features are fitted to the car?

Also, in another thread, it stated that you cannot get into the maxidot interface on an FL vehicle - is this correct or has someone found a way?

Cheers

Dave

it needs to be a big picture of the car and show which individual door is open, rather than a generic light.

If its a big picture, then yes its maxidot. you can access the menu by pressing and holding the top of the rocker switch on the end of the wiper stalk. then use the rocker to go up/down and use the button on the bottom of the wiper stalk as a select button.

The maxidot is not standard on the vRS, so if you have it then it came with another extra, or it was specified when the car was ordered new.

Here you go...

Maxidot.jpg

Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies - it is the top picture we have so it looks like we have maxidot.

I will try to get into it and have a look around.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies - it is the top picture we have so it looks like we have maxidot.

I will try to get into it and have a look around.

Cheers

Dave

Hi All

I tried to get in to maxidot via the buttons on the wiper stalk.

I managed to get in to some things, i.e. DRL's on/off, display the mfd or radio station on the lcd display etc but there wasn't really much in there apart from mfd display stuff.

There was however a setting for "Winter Tyres" which gives the option for + or - 5mph (the fact that this is listed annoys me that Tesco insurance treat winter wheels and tyres as a modification).

Anyway, for 205x55x16 winter tyres instead of the normal 18", what should the setting be?

Another question I have is, in the maxidot/mfd settings, is there a way I can access more stuff in there? - there must be more settings somewhere.

Cheers

Dave

Im curious to find out if there are any hidden settings, as i would have liked the coming/leaving home light switched on ( i cannot find it anywhere in the MFD) - I suspect i should have the auto setting on the light switch (Which I dont have emoticon-0106-crying.gif ).

Hi All

I tried to get in to maxidot via the buttons on the wiper stalk.

I managed to get in to some things, i.e. DRL's on/off, display the mfd or radio station on the lcd display etc but there wasn't really much in there apart from mfd display stuff.

There was however a setting for "Winter Tyres" which gives the option for + or - 5mph (the fact that this is listed annoys me that Tesco insurance treat winter wheels and tyres as a modification).

Anyway, for 205x55x16 winter tyres instead of the normal 18", what should the setting be?

Another question I have is, in the maxidot/mfd settings, is there a way I can access more stuff in there? - there must be more settings somewhere.

Cheers

Dave

Hi All

Does anyone know how we can get into th hidden settings in maxidot on a Octy FL?

I can get into some settings - winter tyres, drl on/off, reset service interval etc. but there are very few options in there.

Also, does anyone know what the winter tyres setting should be for 16" wheels instead of 18" wheels, +5mph or -5mph or just leave it as is?

The tyres on now are conti wintercontact 205x55x16.

heers

Dave

All the winter tyres speed setting does is give you a warning message and a 'boing' when you exceed the speed you set on the Maxidot.

If you want to you can set the speed, but if you have H rated winter tyres they are rated to 130mph, so in theory you would probably want the warning at 110mph or so to let you know you are approaching the maximum speed rating of your tyres.

I have set mine to 100mph just in case I get a bit trigger happy after the remap on the motorway :giggle:

When you press the rocker on the end of the wiper stalk you will get a menu come up, flick down to "setup" and press the reset button on the bottom of the wiper stalk. That will open up the setup menu, flick down to the range of functions you want to enter and press the reset button again and that will open a subfolder and so on. Try that and see what happens then please come back and tell us how you got on.

Ian

When you press the rocker on the end of the wiper stalk you will get a menu come up, flick down to "setup" and press the reset button on the bottom of the wiper stalk. That will open up the setup menu, flick down to the range of functions you want to enter and press the reset button again and that will open a subfolder and so on. Try that and see what happens then please come back and tell us how you got on.

Ian

Hi All

I have been in the setup area and been in all the sub folders but there aren't that many sub folders and they only have basic settings i.e. DRL's on or off or do you want to display the MFD or radio station on the dash display.

Is there a way to get into any hidden settings such as switching on the function to lock the doors when you start to drive etc? - there is nothing like that showing up.

I am still confused about the "winter tyres" section, it does not ask for a warning speed (as posted by andyvee) but asks for "system on" and whether or not you want to leave the speed as is, add 5mph or subtract 5mph. I would assume this is to correct the speedo reading if you have a slightly different wheel/tyre circumference ie 16" wheels and 205x55x16 winter tyres instead of 18 wheels and 225x40x18 summer tyres".

Cheers

Dave

Hi All

I have been in the setup area and been in all the sub folders but there aren't that many sub folders and they only have basic settings i.e. DRL's on or off or do you want to display the MFD or radio station on the dash display.

Is there a way to get into any hidden settings such as switching on the function to lock the doors when you start to drive etc? - there is nothing like that showing up.

I am still confused about the "winter tyres" section, it does not ask for a warning speed (as posted by andyvee) but asks for "system on" and whether or not you want to leave the speed as is, add 5mph or subtract 5mph. I would assume this is to correct the speedo reading if you have a slightly different wheel/tyre circumference ie 16" wheels and 205x55x16 winter tyres instead of 18 wheels and 225x40x18 summer tyres".

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

On mine for the door locking functionality I go to Setup then:

Convenience -> Door Locks (I think) -> Auto Lock -> Auto Lock On

Can also set Off, which opens them when you cut the ignition.

Also in that menu is:

Convenience -> Door Locks (I think) -> Manual Lock -> All doors, 1 door etc.

Selecting all doors allows you to unlock all the doors and boot with just one press of the remote instead of 2.

This functionality has been on the car since I collected it from the dealer, however reading through the forum it does seem that different vehicles have different levels of functionality enabled on their maxidots when leaving the factory...

Edited by IndianaBlues

Did you pay extra for the Maxidot? If its got a multifunction wheel then it comes with that, otherwise its an option. Check your invoice, if its not listed you might not have it

Did you pay extra for the Maxidot? If its got a multifunction wheel then it comes with that, otherwise its an option. Check your invoice, if its not listed you might not have it

Hi

We got the car when it was 6months old from a Skoda dealer. Didnt know anything about maxidot when we got it.

As far as I know, from the picture posted above, we have the lcd screen that shows the large outline of the car with the separate doors open not just the small car shaped light that illuminates when the door is open so we do have maxidot. Bear in mind that this is an FL model and I read in one of the other posts that we may not be able to get into all the seetings as you can on the pre FL model - I dont know if that is correct or not.

Does anyone else have the FL model and can access the more detailed functions?

Cheers

Dave