What should I check when picking up my Superb from the dealer?

I am picking up my car in the end of week 2. This is the first time I´ve bought a brand new car and I would like to make sure I check everything before I sign off on the papers. I have read some of the threads here and tried to make a list over what to look for.

This is the list of specs on the car I have ordered:

2011 Estate 140CR Elegance 4x4 DSG Black Magic Pearl, Black leather interior

I addition to the stuff that comes with the elegance package (eg Electric seats, heated nozzles etc) I´ve ordered the following

Kessy

Parking assistance

Spare tire

Tirfrid 17"

Moon 16" with Continental winter tires

Metal interior

Hill hold and TPM

Sunset windows

Colombus with upgraded sound (no TV)

Webasto heater

Panorama roof

3 spoke multi stearingwheel (phone/radio/DSG)

Bad road package

Alarm

GSM II

MDI

Net between boot and backseats

Remoable towbar

Electric rear door.

This car is bought in Norway so there might be differences in what comes as standard in the UK and elsewhere.

This is a list over the things I´m going to remember to check:

Exterior and Interior in mint condition

Crank up the volume on the soundsystem and listen for bad sound from door mounted speakers

Ask about the leather seats and wether or not it is leather all around, and how to treat them best.

Check how the cut out on the rear bumper looks like with regards to removable towbar.

Check that jack and spare weel is in place and nut remover.

Ask about reported problems with locking/unlocking doors in wintertime.

Ask about how to break in the engine during wintertime (-5 - -20 degrees)

I would really appreciate if you could add to my list over things to check, ask about :D

Andreas

This is a list over the things I´m going to remember to check:

Exterior and Interior in mint condition

Crank up the volume on the soundsystem and listen for bad sound from door mounted speakers

Ask about the leather seats and wether or not it is leather all around, and how to treat them best.

Check how the cut out on the rear bumper looks like with regards to removable towbar.

Check that jack and spare weel is in place and nut remover.

Ask about reported problems with locking/unlocking doors in wintertime.

Ask about how to break in the engine during wintertime (-5 - -20 degrees)

I would really appreciate if you could add to my list over things to check, ask about :D

Andreas

Hi Andreas!

Congrats! Here is my 2 cents...

Take the order recognition as a checklist and see that all extras are delivered. Use a camera (cellphone will do) if possible and give us some pictures... :yes:

Check cooling liquid freezing point (should be well below -40), also check the freezing point of washer fluid.

Ask for a touch-up pen for your paint.

If any phone connection, please let them go trough it with you there. Let them go through as many of the toys (including tire pressure sync) as possible, take your time, this is happy hour! :rofl:

Let them also set your seat positions and pair them on the keys (two keys..) as well. Ahh, the Kessy system...

Right version of maps for the Columbus system?

Check the Webasto.

Check the net between the boot and the backseat. Heard of one case where "brackets" in the inner ceiling just wasn't there...

Battery should have been recharged.

At least half tank of fuel. No warning lights should be there when leaving...

As soon as possible, check the tire pressure. Mine was to low. And don't repeat may mistake on doing it in too low temperature (one of mine valves froze open..).

Beware of the hight the electric boot-door require! Use the system to limit the opening height if need be...

I'm not 100% sure you will get all 4 summer tires into the boot...(!) Do not take the whole family with you to the dealer...

As for your question about the door-locking, I had no problems during this Christmas (-28,8 degrees...)

Documentation all in place?

And finally the the most important part: Enjoy the moment, enjoy the ride home...

/Superbjoser

Edited by Superbjoser

Don't know if this applies to Norwegian spec but on mine the lights were on travel mode when the car was delivered, so the adaptive light functions were not working. Lights were still good but better now!

Don't know if this applies to Norwegian spec but on mine the lights were on travel mode when the car was delivered, so the adaptive light functions were not working. Lights were still good but better now!

How did you know this?

They didn't seem to be moving with steering round bends, so checked the set up in the maxidot.

Got you, mine move OK when turning, so they must on. Thanks

They didn't seem to be moving with steering round bends, so checked the set up in the maxidot.

Ah.. interesting, I was only wondering if ours was ok as I don't think the main lights (ie. dipped beam) turn when going around corners.

The DRL's (or is it the fogs) come on & illuminate close up but there seems to be no "moving" of the main beam light into the bend... is this seperate from the "fogs"? I assume it is as I was expecting the corners "to be noticably" lit up....

I'll look in maxi-dot but a further comment that I'm not going mad would be appreicated :S

Stef

The Adaptive headlights only operate with the switch in the AUTO position. Fully covered in the handbook.

Edited by Guest

The Adaptive headlights only operate with the switch in the AUTO position. Fully covered in the handbook.

I'll look in the manual.... not done that yet, but I have tried with both, ie. leaving lights on Auto & manually turning lights on (dipped beam). Not noticed a difference :-(

this is a 2011 thing.

on 2010's, they move on Auto and On.

Also, 2011's have the heated wing mirrors on the same button as the rear-screen. (so i believe)

this is a 2011 thing.

on 2010's, they move on Auto and On.

Also, 2011's have the heated wing mirrors on the same button as the rear-screen. (so i believe)

I haven't seen my (MY11) adaptive headlights move whilst driving :wonder:

The heated mirrors ONLY seem to work when the control knob is is in the 'heated' position and not when the heated rear screen is turned on.

Check to see that the downlighters on the door mirrors work. If not, the lights are still in "delivery" mode. This can be overlooked in the PDI.

Ray

If the car is in Transport mode (thats what it says in the maxidot display) you wont have any lights other then the parkinglights. Plus the enginge wont rev above 2800rpm, numerous warninglights are on including the one for the engine etc. This can only be removed with the VAG-COM. I discovered this myself since i drove my car from the harbor in Visby up the the Skoda dealer. I did the PDI also. (Im in the workshop at the dealer with expertice on another brand)

If its in Traveling mode its a different thing however. Thats something you can (as mentioned by others) change in the meny.

I haven't seen my (MY11) adaptive headlights move whilst driving :wonder:

The heated mirrors ONLY seem to work when the control knob is is in the 'heated' position and not when the heated rear screen is turned on.

Hi,

I'm happy that mine do now. I'm not sure if it was my eyes but I was convinced of the same.

I changed the "travel setting" in the Maxidot... Lights section to giving it a tick (or is it a X) in the box and I still couldn't see any lights move. So I changed it back & either I was blind or it is now working.... I can see the light B)

In reality I changed nothing so I assume it was my eyes.... now I watch the beam move & not the road.... has the safety aspect become unsafe? :giggle:

Good luck & I hope your eyes sort themselves out tonight

Stef

Edited by sk8tergirl

Picking my new(well, pre-registered with a hefty discount) Superb 140cr SE up this Saturday. Will miss some of the toys I had on my mk1 elegance but couldn't justify the money this time round.

Anyway on another point, didn't really want to start a new post for this as it isn't really strictly Superb related. As I had to take what I was given with a pre-registered model the only thing I would have chosen as an option would have been the bluetooth steering wheel. The sales guy said he uses a garmin satnav with a built in bluetooth function and it's better that the parrot gizmos.

Has anyone got one of these, is it any good and is it compatible with an I-Phone 4? The Garmin site only mentions the 3GS but is there much difference in bluetooth?