What LED Number plate bulbs do you have?

Hi their.

changed my number plate bulbs to white LED ones, which have 8 LED's in them

these to be exact - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120465725581&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_4854wt_905

now they just weren't bright enough for me, and I think you could probably get a bigger bulb in their so was wondering if anyone had? also, ones blown so need to get some new ones anyway!

& i'll be going with LED SMD ones this time. so anyone got any you'd recommend. basicly, just want them to be white and as bright as possible, and maybe some pictures to show how bright they are?

Cheers!

Edited by Motoract

I've got some 8 led bulbs in my fabia, 1 started flickering a few weeks back so got sent a replacement sent and now the other one is flickering so I'm just going to take them out and bin them and put the standard ones back in !

I had some led sidelight bulbs and one blew recently so I've binned them aswell and put standard ones back in.

It seems they only like to last about 6 months !

ive seen replacement units available for the polo, ive just fitted some to my mates mk5 golf, and got some on order for a audi a4, there complete changable units with around 18 smd's in they look awesome,

i wanted to see if the polo units will fit the fabia as noone does anything like this for it :(

Dazdon - have you got any pictures of how bright they are? if you could get a shot from say 10 15ft away that'd be great!

Not as of yet mate, i will take some 2mora night for you and post them on this thread for ya emoticon-0103-cool.gif

03012011092Medium.jpg

03012011091Medium.jpg

Here ya go mate heres mine as requested, I apologise to everyone about the truly gash pics (camera phone) lol but it does give you an idea emoticon-0103-cool.gif

This might be a truly ridiculous question.... Is there no restriction on how bright license plate bulbs can be? They are lighting up the road behind the ******* car lol. Don't get me wrong, if they are legal I fully intend on ordering some!

Edited by kiddy1

This might be a truly ridiculous question.... Is there no restriction on how bright license plate bulbs can be? They are lighting up the road behind the ******* car lol. Don't get me wrong, if they are legal I fully intend on ordering some!

I don't know tbh mate........

Tbh i dont think i have them rotated enough in the holder within the boot so they will always shine on the road :p lol need some fine adjustment haha.

I put them in when it was daylight so i couldnt judge where it was going to be shining.....

• Like 1

C'mon! Do you think for one minute the police would pull you for making your number plate easier to read?emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Here's what mine look like!

04012011077.jpg

Edited by Mike B

I'm SO ordering some of those number plate lights Dazdon has got, their so amazingly bright!!

Haha, yeah there erm.......impressive lol :).

Not had any problems yet either with the likes of them flickering or anything........maybe because they have the in-built resistor maybe?? lol

Daz