Can a VW garage carry out warranty work on a Skoda

As title really.

I'm sure they can do servicing, but can they sort out warranty jobs.

I can't switch my lights off and it will be much more convenient to take to nearest VW dealer than nearest Skoda dealer.

Anyone had any experience of using VW dealer for this sort of problem under warranty.

Ta.

As title really.

I can't switch my lights off and it will be much more convenient to take to nearest VW dealer than nearest Skoda dealer.

Anyone had any experience of using VW dealer for this sort of problem under warranty.

Ta.

Hi the answer to your question is NO Volkswagon dealerships cannot do warranty repairs , I e-mailed Skoda UK with the question and within 1 day I had a return phone call telling me no ,

Although if you have an extended warranty on your Skoda after 3 years of age then VW can do repairs , reason being is all extended warranty's are supplied by an independant company

As title really.

Ta.

I did just that. VW did the assessment and work. BUT they were part of a dealership group that included the Skoda garage where I had bought the car.

I did just that. VW did the assessment and work. BUT they were part of a dealership group that included the Skoda garage where I had bought the car.

In an answer , no

Definately not

HAS to be a Skoda one

Sarah

Thanks for the answers [although not what I wanted to hear :( ]

All Skoda dealers should be able to do warranty for you

If you are not happy let them know

Whay should it be different with a VW dealer?

Sarah

All Skoda dealers should be able to do warranty for you.

Yes, but he wanted to take his Skoda to his local VW dealer for some warranty work.

Now he knows he can't he's acknowledging the longer distance to a Skoda dealer...

Yes, but he wanted to take his Skoda to his local VW dealer for some warranty work.

Now he knows he can't he's acknowledging the longer distance to a Skoda dealer...

If you want to take your car to a VW dealer , then buy a VW

If you dont want to do the miles to a Skoda dealer , dont buy Skoda

Skoda UK pay for the warranty , not VW

Sarah

All Skoda dealers should be able to do warranty for you

If you are not happy let them know

Whay should it be different with a VW dealer?

Sarah

Sarah slightly of topic here but I used my local VW dealership to do my first service because the nearest two Skoda dealership wanted a ridiculous price for my first service and Volkswagon were £40 cheaper .

They also assure me that they can service my Fabia to the correct requirements and all the parts they use are just the same as there all boxed as VW,Seat,Audi and Skoda and they also have the same diagnostic equipment .

When I cancelled my first service with Skoda they offered to price match but as far as I'm concerned they were ripping me off so VW will be doing my future service work and any warranty Skoda work can deal with it

Edited by stevensmith91

If you want to take your car to a VW dealer , then buy a VW

If you dont want to do the miles to a Skoda dealer , dont buy Skoda

Skoda UK pay for the warranty , not VW

Eh? I'm guessing that's why the question in the opening post was asked.

With Skoda being part of the VAG would VW therefore be able to carry out warranty work on another VAG vehicle.

I'm fairly sure that by owning a Skoda this kind of suggests he doesn't want a VW!

Edited by silver1011

Sarah slightly of topic here but I used my local VW dealership to do my first service because the nearest two Skoda dealership wanted a ridiculous price for my first service and Volkswagon were £40 cheaper .

They also assure me that they can service my Fabia to the correct requirements and all the parts they use are just the same as there all boxed as VW,Seat,Audi and Skoda and they also have the same diagnostic equipment .

When I cancelled my first service with Skoda they offered to price match but as far as I'm concerned they were ripping me off so VW will be doing my future service work and any warranty Skoda can deal with it

Yes , that is fine

The VW , Seat and Audi dealer all have the same parts , 071 115 562c for the oil filter and still have the VAG com computer

Even at the vans we have the same parts

But when it comes to paying for the warranty items , Skoda UK pay for that , and that is down to Skoda dealers

I work with vans now , and the TDi engine , they do services from £89 + VAT

So it is down to the dealers themselves

But what you have to remember , if you go to a Skoda dealer for the warranty and warranty only , you will want something if it is just out of warranty towards the repair

it is only the Skoda dealer that can offer that

Sorry

sarah

Yes , that is fine

The VW , Seat and Audi dealer all have the same parts , 071 115 562c for the oil filter and still have the VAG com computer

Even at the vans we have the same parts

But when it comes to paying for the warranty items , Skoda UK pay for that , and that is down to Skoda dealers

I work with vans now , and the TDi engine , they do services from £89 + VAT

So it is down to the dealers themselves

But what you have to remember , if you go to a Skoda dealer for the warranty and warranty only , you will want something if it is just out of warranty towards the repair

it is only the Skoda dealer that can offer that

Sorry

sarah

Fair comment but I don't keep any of my cars past 3 years so as soon as the warranty's up I sell them privately and buy a new replacement , don't like repair bill that's why I always buy brand new , service them at the correct interval and at 36 months there gone .

But will not pay rip fo service cost

Edited by stevensmith91

Just to muddy the waters a little, there is a VW dealer near to where I live that does not sell new Skoda's but is a Skoda franchised workshop and displays the Skoda logo outside its garage. I think they carry out Skoda warranty work there too.

Hi

I agree to a ppint

We are in the world where every penny counts , so if you can save a bob or tow by going elswhere then we will ;)

But then we go back to where the dealers are expecting to be trated well

But then , I had heard of a VW dealer charging £150 for a brake fluid change

Myself , I think , well you deserve not to have loyalty

But hey , some dealers ask for it

I know what the manufacurers charge for the stuff though

Like the 5051 computer

That is megga megga

So who pays for that?

Sarah

Thought it was all cut and dried until read #13.

Just been on Skoda website and found these listed as a 'Service Centre'. They are definitely a VW franchise. Will just have to ring them tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

Copy/pasted from Skoda website:

"Welcome to Hadwins Service Centre

We can offer you some really good deals on new and used cars and, once you've bought one you're happy with, we see it as our job to keep you that way.

We do all we can to make sure owning a Škoda is a thoroughly enjoyable experience – and we like to think we're one of the reasons a whopping 98% of owners would probably recommend Škoda to a friend.

Feel free to call, fax or email us, or pop in and see us during the opening times shown opposite. We look forward to meeting you.

LINDALE

GRANGE-OVER-SANDS

LA11 6LP

Tel: 015395 34242

Fax: 015395 35167

Email: [email protected]

Calls to Retailers may be recorded for training and quality purposes"

Thought it was all cut and dried until read #13.

Just been on Skoda website and found these listed as a 'Service Centre'. They are definitely a VW franchise. Will just have to ring them tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

Copy/pasted from Skoda website:

"Welcome to Hadwins Service Centre

We can offer you some really good deals on new and used cars and, once you've bought one you're happy with, we see it as our job to keep you that way.

We do all we can to make sure owning a Škoda is a thoroughly enjoyable experience – and we like to think we're one of the reasons a whopping 98% of owners would probably recommend Škoda to a friend.

Feel free to call, fax or email us, or pop in and see us during the opening times shown opposite. We look forward to meeting you.

LINDALE

GRANGE-OVER-SANDS

LA11 6LP

Tel: 015395 34242

Fax: 015395 35167

Email: [email protected]

Calls to Retailers may be recorded for training and quality purposes"

Funnily enough that was the place I was talking about, definitely a Skoda service centre, has the logos outside. Used them in the past and they are fine to deal with. Closer for me than David Ian at Lancaster, and was never impressed with their aftersales anyway. Telfords in Carlisle is where I've gone in the past and found their aftersales care good, but its quite a bit of a drive up the M6.

They will be an authorised repairer.

But as Sarah said even though we are part of group Skoda Uk is it's own company. Also any warranty work must have a guided fault finding print out and our diagnostic machines aren't multi franchised unless the dealer is.