Clunk noise driver side going over bump

Vinjy

So, took a drive today and going over any bump I hear a clunk, a metalic clunk, on the right side under the bonnet/wheel. First I thought i left a screw driver or something under the hood but nope. What could it be?

A little worried as I have to drive back to Coventry on friday, that's 100miles, the wheel won't fall off 50miles into the journey will it? :)

Any help is appriciated.

So, took a drive today and going over any bump I hear a clunk, a metalic clunk, on the right side under the bonnet/wheel. First I thought i left a screw driver or something under the hood but nope. What could it be?

A little worried as I have to drive back to Coventry on friday, that's 100miles, the wheel won't fall off 50miles into the journey will it? :)

Any help is appriciated.

Console bushes? Droplinks? Could be all sorts of stuff. Mine clunked going over speed bumps, and the console bushes were worn. Does the front of the car feel a bit vague/squidgy? Didn't quite feel right with mine until the bushes were done, and then it tightened up nicely.

Is a serious fault? Think I can make some more trips before getting it fixed? How come the MOT didn't pick it up >: (

(... won't disintegrate while driving will it?)

It shouldn't do. The things that come to mind is either droplinks, console bushes, ARB bushes or a broken spring. The spring should be pretty obvious if it has broken, it could just be a small amount broken from the top (mine broke the top 4-5 inches off it and it drove fine, i didn't even notice it until the MOT). All the bushes aren't so easy to diagnose, but none of them will cause the car to fall to pieces, they will just knock and knock more as they get worse.

Mechanic says it's a broken spring. Says I should buy a pair so height will be the same. Eurocar parts say £50 per spring, that's £100!!!! Anyone know how to do thins cheaper?

Mechanic says it's a broken spring. Says I should buy a pair so height will be the same. Eurocar parts say £50 per spring, that's £100!!!! Anyone know how to do thins cheaper?

Thats not a bad price IMO.

Could always buy a used set from someone breaking a Fabia on eBay.